• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to Vacate Default Judgement of Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
If you refer to the original post where all my questions are clearly listed under the section that says "Soo. . these are my questions..." I ask about Custody, forms, process and vacating the divorce in order to combine the jurisdictions instead of having multiple states involved and if Vacating is not an option then how else could a redress of custody issues be done? Especially since the initial paperwork filed was for "no children no property"
Yeah... I slogged through all that. As a FORMER military person you should be familiar with the acronym K.I.S.S.

Law is based on logic. You seek convolution and an escalation of drama.

If you had done things in a logical, no muss, no drama way, you would not be in this mess. Because you are a mess of drama, and you are incapable of doing things logically, you will need the help of a lawyer to untangle your mess. Actually, I think you could potentially need the services of *3* lawyers - one in FL, one in WA, and one to deal with whatever the police want to question you about - because you're obstructing an investigation.

By the way, if you ex is guilty as sin of whatever they're investigating him for, he could go to jail, which would kind of nullify the concerns about him getting custody. Then again, you could be accused of being in on whatever is being investigated because you are working so hard at avoiding them. You are working so hard at defending yourself from being questioned that they might even conclude that you're the brains of the whole thing. Whatever it is.

Eekamouse

What you say was intended to be offensive I'm sure? But I laugh because I'd be surprised as all get out of he could even file the right paperwork to ask for visitation let alone sole custody haha. I was always the Brain. He was more of the Pinky. Not to say I havnt sent him all of the corresponding paperwork he would need to try to help him out myself. I would love to have him involved as a parent. . I was actually thinking he would ask for some visitation because the dumbass for himself defaulted. But hey. Maybe he did it on purpose. Maybe he is trying to trap me lol. I'd give him his props if this was all some elaborate plan on his part. . but honestly I doubt it. He doesn't even get to see his other kids lol so I honestly doubt it would happen. And Its funny you say that. . I was actually just talking to someone about that. Florida is a beautiful place. I lived there for awhile. I moved around the world in the ARMY. Got to see rainforests to deserts to tropical beaches. I loved the beach. And Miami!! And the warm weather! I'd move back :) in a heart beat. I even loved the torrential downpours lol.
Wassa matter? Don't you got a babydaddy for your kid? Guess the guy who actually knocked you up kicked you to the curb and ran off, too, huh?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Paternity is not in question. Custody is in question. Custody was not addressed in the divorce. Custody needs to be addressed not he divorce. Child support is WA. The divorce is in FL. What I WANT is for custody to be addressed but IDEALLY have everything in the same jurisdiction instead of split in different places across the country. The husband was never intended to be the father. It is not his biological child. But he has acted in many different ways that has made him the legal father conclusively. Read the initial post. I have clearly stated multiple times what my questions are. All I've been asking about is the forms, the verbage, ideas and best routes to redress these issues.
there is a term for you. But I am too professional to say it. You need to see an attorney. You need to grow up and quit acting like a toddler, Ms. Trump.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Actually, I did. And I was highlighting how his actions don't make any sense. He could hate me, despise my "attitude" want a divorce whatever. . but then refuse rescinding his paternity rights so that he would be liable for child support for a child that isnt his? You would actually think if his actions were to align with his "feelings" that he would've been happy as **** to sign a Denial of Paternity and swab the inside of his cheek. To get me out of his life and stay out. Like we both wanted when we started filing for divorce.
Have your bedbuddy file to establish paternity. Real easy you unethical piece of trash. And yes, that was being nice.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
But then again. . I frequently forget civilians don't have the same type of fortitude. Maybe I have been too rough on you guys. I'm not used to people needing to be petted so much to get a different perspective.
You were the adulterous one who got petted. Quite heavily. Hence the pregnancy by someone not your husband. And yet you blame your ex husband for the problem and don't look in the mirror and take responsibility like an adult. You are the one who screwed around while married. YOU are the one who caused the problem. YOU are the unethical one who doesn't care about doing what is right.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Wassa matter? Don't you got a babydaddy for your kid? Guess the guy who actually knocked you up kicked you to the curb and ran off, too, huh?
Johns normally don't stick around for the whores. They pump, dump and leave. And her pimp won't support her -- he just wants his high percentage. (sorta fed up today -- killer clowns at a school threatening to off all non whites... yeah that will do it -- don't have time for this trash).

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
1. I did not give my parents address as the contact address. He used it on his own volition and without permission or knowledge to anyone. I gave the husband my grandmother's address because that was where I legally resided for the interim until I moved into my own residence. This was listed on the court proceedings for my name change, which is what made it my "current legal residence" at the time. And I never mentioned USPS. HOWEVER. The Police, who are the most common Service providers in interstate Process of Service have the ability to locate my address through the USPS system, (let alone by social security number so no matter what address he had listed they SHOULD HAVE been able to locate me and serve me properly regardless and yet. I was not.) which like I said in my excerpt, was listed as my forwarding address from my residence at my grandmother's home.

2. Mailing anything is not considered adequate service for the initial petitioning of a divorce in the State of Florida.

3. Your input "If you aren't married at the time of the birth your state is not going to attempt to adjudicate the matter through administration." is highly erroneous. Read the legislation that pertains. Washington State Legislation RCW 26.26.116. It's the law. He is considered the father as spouse. The truth is actually nearly opposite to what you have written.
But thank you.
You are wrong. Regarding number 2:
(i)
Service of Process by Mail. A defendant may accept service of process by mail.
(1)
Acceptance of service of a complaint by mail does not thereby waive any objection to the venue or to the jurisdiction of the court over the person of the defendant.
(2)
A plaintiff may notify any defendant of the commencement of the action and request that the defendant waive service of a summons. The notice and request shall:
(A)
be in writing and be addressed directly to the defendant, if an individual, or to an officer or managing or general agent of the defendant or other agent authorized by appointment or law to receive service of process;
(B)
be dispatched by certified mail, return receipt requested;
(C)
be accompanied by a copy of the complaint and shall identify the court in which it has been filed;
(D)
inform the defendant of the consequences of compliance and of failure to comply with the request;
(E)
state the date on which the request is sent;
(F)
allow the defendant 20 days from the date on which the request is received to return the waiver, or, if the address of the defendant is outside of the United States, 30 days from the date on which it is received to return the waiver; and
(G)
provide the defendant with an extra copy of the notice and request, including the waiver, as well as a prepaid means of compliance in writing.
Should I find how many other ways you are wrong and don't want to listen but instead you insulted EVERYONE that responded to you nicely? You deserve whatever is said to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">