• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moved

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Florida

What happens if you move to another state before your case is closed and the court sends mail to you at old address? Is it forwarded?
Case has been discharged for over 2 years and it seems they are now in the final stages before closing.
Just curious as to what would happen if mail was sent back to them or if they forward it since post office has new address.

ChattiPatti said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

What happens if you move to another state before your case is closed and the court sends mail to you at old address? Is it forwarded?
Case has been discharged for over 2 years and it seems they are now in the final stages before closing.
Just curious as to what would happen if mail was sent back to them or if they forward it since post office has new address.

If your mail is still being forwarded from the Old address through the Post Office... which I think is effective up until 6 months after your move- they'll forward it.

bigun

I agree with Wayne. This is some real serious business. Don't depend on the P.O. Let the trustee and your attorney know your new address.

Qwerty42

I was gonna ask a similar question. I am going to file in the next week or two but Im planning on moving to another state before the summer is over, will this be a problem?

I'm not moving far, its just across the border to another state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">