• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Movie rental late fee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

State:CA

Long story short i lost a rented dvd and then found it about a month after it was due. Can the store charge me more than what the dvd is worth? what is the max they can charge me, is it just what they deem their "replacement fee" is? And if i do pay the maximum fee do i get to keep the dvd?

thanks!

BL

State:CA

Long story short i lost a rented dvd and then found it about a month after it was due. Can the store charge me more than what the dvd is worth? what is the max they can charge me, is it just what they deem their "replacement fee" is? And if i do pay the maximum fee do i get to keep the dvd?

thanks!

What does their policy say ?

If it says you must pay replacement cost if lost or not turned in and it's more that the late fees , why not just say it's been misplaced , and pay for it .

Those were my thoughts precisely. But what if their replacement fee is ridiculous? I also wanted to know if they can charge me both late and replacement fees if i say it was misplaced.

BL

Those were my thoughts precisely. But what if their replacement fee is ridiculous? I also wanted to know if they can charge me both late and replacement fees if i say it was misplaced.
What does their policy say ?

Therein lies your answer .

I can't read it from here .

VeronicaLodge

have you even asked them? my dog chewed up a dvd from hollywood video, it cost me 14 dollars. the dvd technically still works and i kept it. the box is destroyed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">