• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MsTKirk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I was reading your other thread and really wanted to say something to you. I am sorry that you are going through such a difficult ordeal in dealing with such a jerk of an ex. I know, from experience, how difficult that can be. Emotionally it can tear you apart, if you let it.

Your son is worth the fight. Don't worry about trying to defend yourself to a bunch of strangers on the internet. Their approval or disapproval of you is not going to affect your case. What you really need to do is focus on you and your child and your relationship with each other. I know how difficult it can be to maintain a level head when your emotions are all over the place and you feel as though you are the one being wronged. Then people throw your own frustrations and hurt feelings back in your face as if you are the one with a problem.

Therapy will truly help you in coping with such a difficult situation and co-parent. And as another poster said it will document the emotional duress the other person and the situation places on you, your child, and your parent/child relationship. I am glad to see that you are going even though you don't want to or understand. It will only help you.

Please, please, please, hire an attorney. Borrow the money. Do something. Especially for individuals that have trouble with their emotions getting the best of them attorney's can be invaluable. No matter what your understanding of the law or how things should be you cannot convince a court of anything if you are an emotional basketcase.

Every single time that your ex violates the current court orders you need to bring that to the courts attention with motions for contempt (and the proof of such contempt). The courts cannot see what an ass your ex is if you do not show them - properly.

Take care of yourself, take care of your children, and only take on the responsibility of changing what you actually have the ability to change.

Good luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">