• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mutual Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?Mississippi
My husband and his ex wife are discussing making some changes to visitaion and other things in their divorce agreement. Only thing is we cant afford a lawyer right now, neither can ex. If they write these changes up and both sign and noterize it, will it be legal changes. If they do this then later down the line ex changes her mind will the signed papers mean anything?

tigger22472

The paper means nothing. The only thing that stands legally is the court order. In order to do the modification, actually it's rather simple. See if you can find what the issuing CO counties format is for filings and titled it "Modification of Visitation and Decree" and file it through court to have a judge sign off on it.

NotSoNew

my ex and i agreed on changes and simply went down to the court house, told them we agreed, they had someone write up the changes, we signed it and they presented it to a judge and it was done!

Ok that sounds pretty easy to have it signed by a judge. Thank you very much for the advice. One last thing if they sign and noterize it when it is taken to the court to have judge sign it do they both have to be there? Cause ex lives a good distance away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">