• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mutual Compromise & Settlement Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Glob

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO

I have reached a settlement amount with the holder of a Lien on me. The Collector wants me to sign a "Mutual Compromise & Settlement Agreement" and send in the Certified Check before they will also sign the "Mutual Compromise & Settlement Agreement".

I talked to an Attorney in a consultation position, and was advised NOT to send in any Check without a signed Agreement from the Collector.

Right now I'm in a loop. I won't send in a Check until I get a signed document stating what was agreed to, and they won't sign an agreement until they get a check.

Any advise?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO

I have reached a settlement amount with the holder of a Lien on me. The Collector wants me to sign a "Mutual Compromise & Settlement Agreement" and send in the Certified Check before they will also sign the "Mutual Compromise & Settlement Agreement".

I talked to an Attorney in a consultation position, and was advised NOT to send in any Check without a signed Agreement from the Collector.

Right now I'm in a loop. I won't send in a Check until I get a signed document stating what was agreed to, and they won't sign an agreement until they get a check.

Any advise?
Who has the upper hand at this point ~ it is not you. :cool: Get my drift...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">