• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my 9 yr old was molested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

This kind of thing - if true - WILL come out. When it does, and the authorities are notified, they will discover that you did NOT report it and child services will get involved. When they get involved, a lot of questions will be asked as to why this was allowed to go on for a year and a half and why you were acting to conceal the crime.

The police do not (generally) just barge in and start gruffly asking questions of the victim. They might obtain some basic info at the start, but before it's over, she will almost certainly have spoken to someone with special training in interviewing children victims. But, this child is plenty old enough to understand what is being discussed so a true forensic interview will probably not be necessary thought it might still happen.

Part of the healing process is to come to grips with the events that took place. A psychologist is a good start, but it is not the only one. One day she might even ask you why you did NOT contact the police and just how are you going to answer that?

- Carl

HomeGuru

Never mind. You're defintely not able to provide guidance that helps a broken hearted family who is trying to do the right thing. I was looking for guidance from a loving type of person which is defintely not what you are.
**A: and you are an idiot enabler aiding and abettor.

You Are Guilty

This kind of thing - if true - WILL come out. When it does, and the authorities are notified, they will discover that you did NOT report it and child services will get involved. When they get involved, a lot of questions will be asked as to why this was allowed to go on for a year and a half and why you were acting to conceal the crime.
Amen! "People" like this are why I no longer work in Family Court.

Rest assured, once this comes out (and I guarantee that it will, no matter what you try to hide), both the police and CPS are going to be very upset at your failure to act. I've prosecuted parents for less.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">