• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Aunt Had Land But Other Family Removed My Name (HELP)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dandy Don

The order of succession is:

decedent's parents
or
decedent's siblings (brothers and sisters)
or (if none of these are still living)
then to the nieces and nephews.

So unfortunately it looks as if you do not qualify if there are others in line ahead of you. If you have any doubts, consult with a local probate attorney in your area. You never did actually come out and say who got the money from the sale of the land and whether or how they are related to the decedent.

E

EarlFrank

Here is more information.
She is the only living sibling.
All of the other neices and nephews got it except me. This is the thing.Does this help DOn>

nextwife

Sounds as though you need to legally establish that you are also a nephew. If the neices and nephews were determined to be entitled, and you were specifically left out, it is likely due to not having any paternity legally established.

Dandy Don

Provide a certified copy of your birth certificate and get an affidavit (signed statement) from 2 other members of the family who can testify that you are related to the decedent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">