• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My daughter was assulted twice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mhollis6969

Okay wed morning while on her schools transit bus my daughter who is 15 was assulted by a girl thats 17 or 18 that goes to the adult ed building next door... this girl wasnt even supposed to be allowed on the bus... my daughter gets to school and one of the administrative staff asks her about it and sends her to class where she had to get bandaids from that teacher for her open wounds on her hand... i got no call that my daughter was involved in a fight on the bus... then about 1240 i receive a call from the school saying that my daughter was involved in a fight and is inconsolable... my daughter was again assulted by a different girl where her head was repeatedly slammed into the lockers... lost conciousness for about 6 or 7 seconds.... my daughter suffers from a concussion and has been on cognitive rest for more than 3 days now... she also has bruising on her actual eye ball and swelling in her retna.... i was informed that the attack that happened that resulted in the concussion was prompted by the mental illness of the other child... my issue is of i had received a call about the first attack like i should have i would have already gotten my daughter and the second assult wouldnt have occured... secondly was this other girls mental issues already known? If so why was she put in a position where the possibility of her doing something like this.... im sick to my stomach over everything my daughter had to endure and still is because of this and need to know the legal route im supposed to go...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Okay wed morning while on her schools transit bus my daughter who is 15 was assulted by a girl thats 17 or 18 that goes to the adult ed building next door... this girl wasnt even supposed to be allowed on the bus... my daughter gets to school and one of the administrative staff asks her about it and sends her to class where she had to get bandaids from that teacher for her open wounds on her hand... i got no call that my daughter was involved in a fight on the bus... then about 1240 i receive a call from the school saying that my daughter was involved in a fight and is inconsolable... my daughter was again assulted by a different girl where her head was repeatedly slammed into the lockers... lost conciousness for about 6 or 7 seconds.... my daughter suffers from a concussion and has been on cognitive rest for more than 3 days now... she also has bruising on her actual eye ball and swelling in her retna.... i was informed that the attack that happened that resulted in the concussion was prompted by the mental illness of the other child... my issue is of i had received a call about the first attack like i should have i would have already gotten my daughter and the second assult wouldnt have occured... secondly was this other girls mental issues already known? If so why was she put in a position where the possibility of her doing something like this.... im sick to my stomach over everything my daughter had to endure and still is because of this and need to know the legal route im supposed to go...
So did you make a police report the day this happened? Your daughter had bloody hands? Did she throw the first punch? Apparently she fully participated in the fight. Why didn't she report the assault to the school and ask to call you?

Mhollis6969

When i was called for the second assult i asked the in house detective (who is a sherrif deputy) to file the assult report and press charges... i didnt find out about the first attack until i was in the er about the second one... when the staff questioned my daughter about the bus incident my daughter said she wasnt injured other than the hand... the staff told her they were going to call me and tell me that she wont be in any trouble because the girl wasnt supposed to be on the bus in the first place... so the next day i went up to the school and they directed me to another deputy in the adult ed building to press the charges with him... so i did that report then... there is video evidence on both occasions that show my daughter did not throw the first punch in either attack and the wounds on her hand are defensive...

Mhollis6969

So did you make a police report the day this happened? Your daughter had bloody hands? Did she throw the first punch? Apparently she fully participated in the fight. Why didn't she report the assault to the school and ask to call you?

Yes... yes... no... the school said they were going to call me... i explained more in the other message... i didnt know i was supposed to answer it here... lol

quincy

Yes... yes... no... the school said they were going to call me... i explained more in the other message... i didnt know i was supposed to answer it here... lol
What is the name of your state, Mhollis, or, if not in the US, what is the name of your country?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You are relying on your daughter telling you she did not throw the first punch aren't you? How many times has she been bullied before that she has told you about PRIOR to this instance? What did you do about it PRIOR to this instance?

LdiJ

You are relying on your daughter telling you she did not throw the first punch aren't you? How many times has she been bullied before that she has told you about PRIOR to this instance? What did you do about it PRIOR to this instance?
Re-read post three. Apparently there is video evidence that shows that OP's daughter did not throw the first punch in either incident.

Mhollis6969

I am in kentucky... moved here less than 6 months ago... i stated previoulsy that there is video evidence from the bus as well as the school showing that my daughter was attacked (from behind) both times... however the second assult was apparently due to the other child having psychological problems and voices told her to do it... my daughter is currently on cognative rest and has to sit in a dark room for days... took her to eye doctor and her eye ball is bruised... her retna is swollen... and vision is blurred... im not understanding where the implication that i was not protecting my daughter from bullies is coming from... neither of these are bully situations other that the fact they assulted her... there were no prior incidents between them.. the one on the bus doesn't attend her school and isnt even supposed to be on that bus... and the other one was apparently due to the childs mental illness... my question afain is simply what do i do about not getting a call about the first assult and if the school knew this other child had a mental health disorder that is potentially harmful to the school and my daughter then why was she put in a position where someone COULD get hurt like this....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">