• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Husband And His Son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cry1603j

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee
My husband has a 5 year old son. He has not seen him for the last 3 months and his ex-wife filled a petition to modify the parenting plan. My husband is pretty much not a computer guy. So I am asking for him. Their CO states that they have equal parenting time. She is the CP. She has him for 7 days, then my husband has him for 7 days. She is wanting to change the CO to everyother weekend due to the child starting school this year. Me and my husband and her and her husband all live in the same county about 15 minutes from eachother. She has stated the there is a substanial change in circumstance and the week to week visitation schedual acts as an hindrance to the child school schedual. She has also stated the the child has told her that I myself is acting inappropriately toward the child. I know I do not have any rights to this child. Will never claim to have rights, but I have never under any circumstance have been inappropriate to the child never. Me and my husbands ex-wife do not get along at all. I try to be on my best behavior and never stepped out of line with the child or his mother and now she is saying all this crap. I have told her not to call my phone anymore cause all she seems to do is to call and cuss us out. I want to press charges for harrasment, but am scared it will be bad for my husband in the long run. I have once went to the police department and told them about the harrassment, but did not press charges for the fear of messing up my husbands chances in court. He was told to go to mediation, but he just can not afford it at this time due to lack off working hours. Will this hurt him in court? What should we do about the harrassment? My husband has filled contempt chrarges, but they were dropped. She said she would go back to the original CO, but has yet to abide by them. How many times does my husband have to file contepmt to get something done? It is very exspensive to do so everytime she does not follow the CO. Please any advice will be heplfull. My husband can not afford an attorney so he is hoping he can go pro se and be able to get his point across that he wants what is best for his son.

I posted just a few minutes ago the wrong way. Sorry am new to this. Thank You

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cry1603j

I am sorry. Did not know how to unlock, but I do believe I got it now. Thank You and again I do apologize.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee
My husband has a 5 year old son. He has not seen him for the last 3 months and his ex-wife filled a petition to modify the parenting plan. My husband is pretty much not a computer guy. So I am asking for him. Their CO states that they have equal parenting time. She is the CP. She has him for 7 days, then my husband has him for 7 days. She is wanting to change the CO to everyother weekend due to the child starting school this year. Me and my husband and her and her husband all live in the same county about 15 minutes from eachother. She has stated the there is a substanial change in circumstance and the week to week visitation schedual acts as an hindrance to the child school schedual. She has also stated the the child has told her that I myself is acting inappropriately toward the child. I know I do not have any rights to this child. Will never claim to have rights, but I have never under any circumstance have been inappropriate to the child never. Me and my husbands ex-wife do not get along at all. I try to be on my best behavior and never stepped out of line with the child or his mother and now she is saying all this crap. I have told her not to call my phone anymore cause all she seems to do is to call and cuss us out. I want to press charges for harrasment, but am scared it will be bad for my husband in the long run. I have once went to the police department and told them about the harrassment, but did not press charges for the fear of messing up my husbands chances in court. He was told to go to mediation, but he just can not afford it at this time due to lack off working hours. Will this hurt him in court? What should we do about the harrassment? My husband has filled contempt chrarges, but they were dropped. She said she would go back to the original CO, but has yet to abide by them. How many times does my husband have to file contepmt to get something done? It is very exspensive to do so everytime she does not follow the CO. Please any advice will be heplfull. My husband can not afford an attorney so he is hoping he can go pro se and be able to get his point across that he wants what is best for his son.

I posted just a few minutes ago the wrong way. Sorry am new to this. Thank You
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When it comes to the harrassment, your best course of action is to completely ignore her. When she calls, immediately hand the phone to your husband. He has to deal with you ~ you do not.

If she denys your husband his visitation, he needs to document each time that happens and then go back into court and file have hubby file for contempt against mom.

Continue being cordial to the child, always remember your place (and you certainly sound like you do), and let husband handle the nightmare of his ex-wife. Hope this helps.

cry1603j

Ok. Thank You for your advice. Well one more question. Can she change the parenting plan on the basis of what she has said about his schooling? Also my husband has a court date in December can he wait to talk to the judge then about him not getting is CO time with his child?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">