• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My husband wants joint custody/visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CMSC

I said it was just a guidline. Your lawyer should be taking your husbands schedule he wants and presenting it to the court.

T

treasure

Thank-you for the guide line.
I probaly will have to call the courts to find out if the lawyer filed. Because the lawyer said we would probaly be able to go to court in early December.

K

KCMR

"He already got a lawyer about 1 month ago, & has paid him $185.00 so far."

Oh my God that's cheap!!!!!!!!!! We paid 150.00 AN HOUR and he is my husbands FRIEND!!!!!!!

CMSC

Aricci said:
"He already got a lawyer about 1 month ago, & has paid him $185.00 so far."

Oh my God that's cheap!!!!!!!!!! We paid 150.00 AN HOUR and he is my husbands FRIEND!!!!!!!
That is what I was thinking BUT that could be what they are paying on the bill?

T

treasure

Yes, it was only $185.00, just to have her served! The entire cost is 1100.00. My husband asked him how much could he give him just to get the ball rolling. Then the lawyer takes installments too. We're with this pre-paid legal services. Have anyone ever heard of it?
I thank everyone for all there in-put. Does anyone have anything else to say, or advice to add? I will keep everyone up dated.
To Rm; do you think we have a chance with the schedule that I told you I wanted? treasure

T

treasure

Grace, I went under that web site you gave me the other day, & it won't come up. The one with deltabravo? Help Treasure*

CMSC

treasure said:
Yes, it was only $185.00, just to have her served! The entire cost is 1100.00. My husband asked him how much could he give him just to get the ball rolling. Then the lawyer takes installments too. We're with this pre-paid legal services. Have anyone ever heard of it?
I thank everyone for all there in-put. Does anyone have anything else to say, or advice to add? I will keep everyone up dated.
To Rm; do you think we have a chance with the schedule that I told you I wanted? treasure

Oh god! prepaid legal services? Let us know if they are worth it, I haven't heard anything good about them yet!:(

I really can't say if you have a chance on the schedule because it all depends on how the child could handle being bounced back and forth. I assume if it is close by to where she lives now then there shouldn't be a problem.

T

treasure

We just got with them a month ago. I guess they are okay, except for the $26.00 monthly fee to stay in the program. but you can get out at any time. We only went with them because of this joint custody battle. And they told us that a lawyer had to give us a discounted price, because they were in the program too. Luckily the lawyer he already had was already participating as a pre-paid lawyer. The fee for custody WAS $1600.00.
Grace, I'm going to try that web site again. Thanks!
Oh! RM, the child does live kinda close. About 20 minutes away. My husband wants so bad for the child to livewith us every week, but I'm afraid that the mother will put up a big deal about it & prevent it somehow. We already know that she will convince the child NOT to want to come. He has his hopes set up so high, & I feel something WILL go wrong. Because of the fact that she just wants our money, NOT for us to see child. ???????
:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">