• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my lawyer is a wuss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbvol

What is the name of your state? TN
My lawyer seems to be a wuss..She lets my wifes lawyer bully her. My court date is in 2 weeks..should I replace my lawyer? How do you fire your lawyer and if my court date is in 2 weeks and I get a new laywer, can I get the date moved out some my new lawyer has time to be updated on the case?

Bali Hai

sbvol said:
My lawyer seems to be a wuss..She lets my wifes lawyer bully her.

That's how the game is played.

My court date is in 2 weeks..should I replace my lawyer?

That's for you to decide. If your attorney is giving you adequate representation, what does the fact that she let's the other attorney bully her have to do with anything?

How do you fire your lawyer and if my court date is in 2 weeks and I get a new laywer, can I get the date moved out some my new lawyer has time to be updated on the case?
You simply say "you're fired", follow it up in writing with a payment to bring your balance owed (if any) current and request your file.

Ask your new lawyer about a continuance.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
sbvol said:
My lawyer seems to be a wuss..She lets my wifes lawyer bully her. My court date is in 2 weeks..should I replace my lawyer? How do you fire your lawyer and if my court date is in 2 weeks and I get a new laywer, can I get the date moved out some my new lawyer has time to be updated on the case?
What do you mean she lets your wife's lawyer bully her? on what? SOmetimes things you seem to think she is being bullied on deal strictly with the law or unimportant matters. Your lawyer may just not be as "flashy" or as "flamboyant" but that doesn't mean she is being bullied. Explain that statement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">