• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my own words used against me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BreanaLee

AWorkOfArt said:
I think being rude makes for a better attorney. Not good for a chat partner but definitely good for an argument.
Hmm...well, maybe. But I have yet to see a good argument from BelizeBreeze.

BelizeBreeze

BreanaLee said:
Hmm...well, maybe. But I have yet to see a good argument from BelizeBreeze.
Then you Tell this poster what the content of CHAPTER 22. ASSAULTIVE OFFENSES§ Of the texas penal code states on the subject

Or better still, keep your mouth shut because you have no idea what you're talking about.

And the answer to this idiot's question has ALREADY been answered, ad nauseum.

B

BreanaLee

BelizeBreeze said:
Then you Tell this poster what the content of CHAPTER 22. ASSAULTIVE OFFENSES§ Of the texas penal code states on the subject

Or better still, keep your mouth shut because you have no idea what you're talking about.

And the answer to this idiot's question has ALREADY been answered, ad nauseum.
I think it's already been established that you can pretty much look everything up online these days, and you have yet to come up with a valid argument besides "What's the definition of..." so I'm gonna have to say that you lose.

BelizeBreeze

BreanaLee said:
I think it's already been established that you can pretty much look everything up online these days, and you have yet to come up with a valid argument besides "What's the definition of..." so I'm gonna have to say that you lose.
That's a cute way of saying you don't know. So look it up. I'll wait.

Kane

BelizeBreeze said:
Oral Provocation Does Not Justify an Assault and Battery, But May Mitigate Both Exemplary and Actual Damages. (Mohler v. Owens, 352 S.W.2d 855 (Tex. Civ. App.--Houston 1962)), 41 TEXAS L. REV. 124 (1962)

Do you REALLY want to tell me that Battery is not covered in the Texas Statutes?

I'll be waiting for your answer.
Breeze, please don't tell me you just c&p'd a civil case to prove that "battery" is in the Texas Penal Code... did you?

BelizeBreeze

Kane said:
Breeze, please don't tell me you just c&p'd a civil case to prove that "battery" is in the Texas Penal Code... did you?
You make generalizations about battery NOT being in the Texas Statute then prove it.

You can't. So, quit making Generalized statement of fact.

Now, since you proport to know the law, why don't you answer the poster's question BASED ON TEXAS LAW.

Because I'll be waiting.

B

BreanaLee

BelizeBreeze said:
That's a cute way of saying you don't know. So look it up. I'll wait.
Ha! It is a cute way of saying I don't know. And I don't really care, either. You've already proven that a) you can't read b) you can't make a good argument and c) all you do is try to make people feel stupid (for not knowing definitions, offering their own opinions or even trying to help another without even mentioning you). There's more to life than that, sweetheart, so you'll be waiting a long time. The saddest thing is that you've lost an argument to someone who knows little about the law besides the fact that is it is still ILLEGAL for any person to punch another person in the face, whether or not they're in Texas.

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

BreanaLee said:
besides the fact that is it is still ILLEGAL for any person to punch another person in the face, whether or not they're in Texas.
Pull your head out of your ass idiot.

Or call the boxing commission and tell THEM it's illegal to hit someone in the face, whether or not they're in TEXAS.

What a waste of DNA.

B

BreanaLee

BelizeBreeze said:
Pull your head out of your ass idiot.

Or call the boxing commission and tell THEM it's illegal to hit someone in the face, whether or not they're in TEXAS.

What a waste of DNA.
Are you a mental patient? Professional boxers and other fighters of those kinds of sports are in AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SITUATION than one where someone on the street comes up and punches you in the face while you're trying to get into a car. You need to get a firm grasp of reality before you give anyone else your so-called advice.

garrula lingua

One of the most frequent defenses in Domestic Violence cases is:
she provoked me ...................I've seen/been involved in about seventy DV trials - this doesn't work.

That's a weak ADA if s/he won't file & try that case - it's a winner.

Boxing, most melees/street fights are mutual combat - different category.

BelizeBreeze

BreanaLee said:
Are you a mental patient? Professional boxers and other fighters of those kinds of sports are in AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SITUATION than one where someone on the street comes up and punches you in the face while you're trying to get into a car. You need to get a firm grasp of reality before you give anyone else your so-called advice.
Then why did you make the GENERAL statement:

Originally Posted by BreanaLee
besides the fact that is it is still ILLEGAL for any person to punch another person in the face, whether or not they're in Texas.

Are you now saying that you were wrong and there ARE situations that punching someone in the face is legal?

BelizeBreeze

garrula lingua said:
One of the most frequent defenses in Domestic Violence cases is:
she provoked me ...................I've seen/been involved in about seventy DV trials - this doesn't work.

That's a weak ADA if s/he won't file & try that case - it's a winner.

Boxing, most melees/street fights are mutual combat - different category.
Now really?

So, are you saying that based on this thread and the Texas penal code, there is no defense to assaultive conduct found in this thread specifically.

Be very careful how you word your response. Because I know the answer and you obviously do NOT.

rmet4nzkx

There are 2 defenses.
]
§ 22.06. CONSENT AS DEFENSE TO ASSAULTIVE CONDUCT. The
victim's effective consent or the actor's reasonable belief that
the victim consented to the actor's conduct is a defense to
prosecution under Section 22.01 (Assault), 22.02 (Aggravated
Assault), or 22.05 (Deadly Conduct) if:
(1) the conduct did not threaten or inflict serious
bodily injury; or

§ 9.31. SELF-DEFENSE. (a) Except as provided in
Subsection (b), a person is justified in using force against
another when and to the degree he reasonably believes the force is
immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or
attempted use of unlawful force.
(b) The use of force against another is not justified:
(1) in response to verbal provocation alone;
(2) to resist an arrest or search that the actor knows
is being made by a peace officer, or by a person acting in a peace
officer's presence and at his direction, even though the arrest or
search is unlawful, unless the resistance is justified under
Subsection (c);
(3) if the actor consented to the exact force used or
attempted by the other;
(4) if the actor provoked the other's use or attempted
use of unlawful force, unless:
(A) the actor abandons the encounter, or clearly
communicates to the other his intent to do so reasonably believing
he cannot safely abandon the encounter; and
(B) the other nevertheless continues or attempts
to use unlawful force against the actor; or
(5) if the actor sought an explanation from or
discussion with the other person concerning the actor's differences
with the other person while the actor was:
(A) carrying a weapon in violation of Section
46.02; or
(B) possessing or transporting a weapon in
violation of Section 46.05.

rmet4nzkx said:
There are 2 defenses.
]
§ 22.06. CONSENT AS DEFENSE TO ASSAULTIVE CONDUCT. The
victim's effective consent or the actor's reasonable belief that
the victim consented to the actor's conduct is a defense to
prosecution under Section 22.01 (Assault), 22.02 (Aggravated
Assault), or 22.05 (Deadly Conduct) if:
(1) the conduct did not threaten or inflict serious
bodily injury; or

This is really interesting, I'll have to remember this the next time I'm in TX.

FYI: Judge Judy threw out a case about a year ago where a man was seeking damages from being punched in the after he dared the defendant and Judy told the man he asked for it and he shouldn't have been so stupid to do so.

Kane

Chris Rock:

Lied about a blowjob
so his wife wouldn't find out.

ls that against the law?

Do you need the Supreme Court
for that one?

You could have took that one
to The People's Court!

Could have took that one to Judge Judy.

She'd have knocked it out in a half hour,
plus commercials.
Note: For the record, Judge Judy is not an actual judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">