• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My parents and their granddaughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrryder

I am asking this question on my parents behalf. My brother and his wife are divorced and they have a eight year old daughter. My brother has custody due to the fact that his ex has a history of substance abuse.She also has no job and has had other children taken away from her. About a year and a half ago my brother lost his job and also has had issues with substance abuse. He and his daughter moved in with my parents who are the ones really taking care of her. Now his ex is threatining to take him to court to get her daughter back. Neither deserves her but my parents do. She wants to stay with her grandparents. They do not know what course of action to take. They are possibly the last chance she will have at a normal life. Especially before the teen years start. Thank you for any responses. We live in Maryland.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">