• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My parking tickets are more than my car is worth?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amyleigh

What is the name of your state?CA

My parking tickets are more than my car is worth, if it gets impounded and I dont claim it do the tickets get forgiven and off my record?? Or if I donate it to charity are the tickets taken off my record? I want to buy a new car but cannot register it because of exess parking tickets, is there anything I can do to not pay the tickets? THanks!!!

CdwJava

If you sell the car the cost of the tickets will be tacked onto the registration price ... and the registration will have to be current to be able to transfer the title.

If you let it get impounded, the car will be sold at auction and the you could be sued for the difference between the cost of the tickets and the amount that was obtained at auction.

Additionally, the city (or wherever) could send the parking cites to collections and that would add another $500 or so to the total bill AND whack your credit rating all to heck. Now THAT ain't pretty!

Your call.

- Carl

HomeGuru

amyleigh said:
What is the name of your state?CA

My parking tickets are more than my car is worth, if it gets impounded and I dont claim it do the tickets get forgiven and off my record?? Or if I donate it to charity are the tickets taken off my record? I want to buy a new car but cannot register it because of exess parking tickets, is there anything I can do to not pay the tickets? THanks!!!
**A: then I suggest you get a better car and retire that piece of crap. No matter what you still owe for the tickets. So pay up.

AHA

HomeGuru said:
**A: then I suggest you get a better car and retire that piece of crap. No matter what you still owe for the tickets. So pay up.

Old car or new car makes no difference, a car can't park itself. No matter what you drive, you keep parking illegally, you'll have to pay for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">