• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My question is about liability waiver's...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Oh Sweetie!! HH is NOT a Haunted House...It is a Haunted City in Salem, Ma. For 1 month. Kinda something you gotta see to believe. :)

Google it Quincy...

It really is very fun!!
Ah. My ignorance is showing. :)

Fun is not exactly how what is happening at the extreme haunted houses is being described nor what the girlfriend apparently experienced.

Last edited:

quincy

Hello, I had a friend go to an extreme haunted attraction that requires you to sign a waiver before entering. She was told by the owner that his actors wouldn't physically assault her or do anything physical to her at all and in the waiver it implied that everything physical would be on accident and not on purpose by the actors. But she was basically lied too.
She was assaulted physically by the actors, as well as choked, to the point to where she passed out 6 times, and the owner also threatened her life if she said anything. She also pressed charges and got into contact with a detective and he told her that there was nothing to do about it because she signed a waiver. My question is... is this true? Because I find this hard to believe based on the fact that she was lied to by the owner about her not being assaulted, physically purpose not to mention being choked to the point of passing out. Which she also said wasn't in the waiver and the owner didn't tell her that this would happen either when screening her before going through the tour. I just find it hard to believe that nothing legal can be done. She also has bruises all over body and she has bruises on her face as well. I just need advice whatever advice anyone can give me is appreciated thank you.

Forgot to post this, but the waiver also had a safe word that was supposed to stop the abuse, she was also assured by the owner that it would end the abuse, but he lied to her again and they continued to abuse her.
Here is Theredisout's original post again, since I see the thread is now on Page 2 (at least on my computer).

The legal issues raised by these extreme attractions are real ones that are being addressed in various cities and states who have had to decide whether to allow them or not (or how to prevent them if they legally can) so I hate to see this thread get too far off topic into fun Halloween events.

But I am in Massachusetts with some frequency so I will try to remember to check out Haunted Happenings in Salem. :)

quincy

I suspect the attorney would need to be in California, preferably in or near San Diego.
Right. Good correction. :)

It appears that the haunted attraction currently located in San Diego is looking for a new location because of community complaints, this if Theredisout's girlfriend toured the haunted attraction I mentioned earlier. I believe I read that a city in Illinois, considered by the San Diego house owners as a place to relocate, has already refused to allow the haunted attraction in operate in their area.

So where to file a suit could potentially change if, of course, there is any suit to be had.

Theredisout1287

Op is the location actually the "Manor" Quincy is referring to?
yes, but I'm trying to keep this under wraps, because my friend is seriously in fear for her life. No joking matter. I'm withholding names of the victim and of the owner because she is trying to get legal advice that's why I'm here. because we feel like she has a lawsuit. The owner is doing a new haunt which I'm not going to name on here where they get to have a safeword, usually he doesn't have a safeword at all, but this time there was and he said that she was going to able to be let go as soon as it's used. Even when they finally let her go they still were beating on her after the tour was over. The owner also insists that his actors don't beat people up or hurt people on purpose, which is a complete lie. My friend isn't the only one that this has happened too. There was another participant that was knocked out and he had fractures to the face, and he needed surgery. He didn't go for a lawsuit, because he was convinced he couldn't do anything because of the waiver.

quincy

yes, but I'm trying to keep this under wraps, because my friend is seriously in fear for her life. No joking matter. I'm withholding names of the victim and of the owner because she is trying to get legal advice that's why I'm here. because we feel like she has a lawsuit. The owner is doing a new haunt which I'm not going to name on here where they get to have a safeword, usually he doesn't have a safeword at all, but this time there was and he said that she was going to able to be let go as soon as it's used. Even when they finally let her go they still were beating on her after the tour was over. The owner also insists that his actors don't beat people up or hurt people on purpose, which is a complete lie. My friend isn't the only one that this has happened too. There was another participant that was knocked out and he had fractures to the face, and he needed surgery. He didn't go for a lawsuit, because he was convinced he couldn't do anything because of the waiver.
Your friend needs to see an attorney in her area or consult with one in California then, so what she has to say can remain confidential. A public forum is not the best place for someone wanting to keep things"under wraps." ;)

There are others who have accused the various and assorted haunted houses of going too far. Proving that is the case stands to be difficult.

Good luck to her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">