• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My situation. Your input.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

You were provided the only legal advice that can be provided to one in your position: Hire an attorney!

You were clearly impaired, you clearly have a problem, and if you expect a court to show any leniency you will have to make an effort to get help for your problems. Telling a court that you are okay, you can handle your alcohol, and that the E was not a big deal will only convince the court that you have a serious problem.

Understand that no matter what state you move to, your ability to drive in that state may eventually be restricted as a result of any DUI conviction in the state of origination.

Consult legal counsel. An attorney can probably negotiate a deal to keep you out of jail, but you can expect it to include drug and alcohol counseling, probation, and hefty fines.

EDIT: And I find it FASCINATING that someone can actually find an "average dose" of a substance with no legal manufacturing standards or quantities. We find these in dosages all over the map - very often between 100 and 120 mg. As there is no standard, and people make them in quantities all over the map, it is very difficult if not impossible to know just how much of the substance you are taking. Taking ANY MDMA is unsafe, unlawful, and stupid.

Last edited:

Isis1

When originally reading this, I assumed that the OP was, somewhere from 21-23. Amazing that a 36 year old thinks like this.
sad part is, this isn't amazing to me. having had my own DUI, there are 36 and OVER in those DUI classes. and they still think they did nothing wrong.

OP, you are lucky. and i mean lucky you didn't kill anyone. and lucky you didn't kill yourself. you ONLY have fines. you ONLY have a driver's suspension. you ONLY have driver safety classes to attend. you got lucky you were pulled over. i wish i was pulled over. instead, i slammed into THREE parked cars. i broke 1 finger that will be forever deformed. i bruised 3 ribs. and i totaled my car. and i have a criminal record. to this day, i still have no memory of even getting off the freeeway. at 3am in the morning. i didn't even exit at the right off ramp. whoever was driving my car for me, had my life in their hands. while i was in the driver seat, saved my life. i didn't have any passengers. you did. you could have killed every single one of yours.

get yourself an attorney. and stop talking.

ERAUPIKE

Did any of you read the last sentence of my first post?
I did, but I figured you could benefit from my high moral standards.

I asked for legal input. I said LEAVE OUT THE MORAL JUDGMENTS.
I ignored that, you really aren't in any position to dictate what gets posted here.

I did not come here to hear a bunch of popmous asses insult me, talk down to me, or give me their ignorant opinions of me.
You came to the wrong place then. Did you expect to be coddled and spoon fed advice on how to continue on your path of self destruction?

I am going to ignore all of your useless drivel and respond to those who actually tried to assist.
I haven't seen that, just an angry middle aged man that refuses to grow up.

Unfortunately I can find almost no legal advice in any of the posts above.
Probably because you didn't look hard enough.

You who are without sin, cast the first stone.

The rest of you, shut your mouths. Thanks.
You are hardly in a position to invoke religion into the conversation. That argument holds no bearing with me, you can keep it.

If any of you want to rewrite your responses below with some actual legal information / advice then I will actually read them. Until then I am not interested in hearing your moral judgments or crap insults.
My original opinion stands.

Seriously. The only trolls here are you.

This is a legal advice forum.
We are aware.

If I wanted to hear a bunch of insults and personal opinions, I would have gone to a church web site.
You were the one that quoted the bible on the legal website. Are you confused? Freudian slip?

1) I am an addict in need of rehab. Really?
In my opinion, you have a serious problem.

HOw many times have I done E? Care to tell me? Oh thats right, you dont have a clue do you? What if I told you I had only done it once in my life?
I would say you were lying. After readig your story, it is apparent you have a propensity to lie about drug use.

How many times have you gotten drunk in your life? Want to discuss that?
Let's keep this on topic. The problem here isn't your drinking, it is that your drinking (and drug use) has gotten you into hot water. A more relevant and logical question would be, "How many DUI's do you have?" The answer here for me is none.

Maybe its you who need rehab.
Why? I don't have a substance abuse problem. Why are you worried about everyone else, you should be worried about yourself. You seem incredibly defensive and aggresive for someone that is embarassed about what they did.

Oh wait, that would make me a pompous ass to say that to you.
It wouldn't make very much sense either. Are you in any position to judge whether or not someone has a substance abuse problem. You can't even aknowledge your own.

Given I know nothing about you. Dont tell me I need rehab when you don't have the first clue as to my frequency of use.
I know that taking speed so you can drink longer indicates a problem. Drinking 6 to 10 shots at a time to "feel a buzz" indicates a problem. Using narcotics with any frequncy indicates a problem. Let me know if any of this is incorrect.

Anyone with an IQ over 12 knows that you can gamble without being a gambling addict.
Sure, but if you are taking speed so you can stay up and gamble more there may be a problem. Can you see the correlation?

You can drink (and even get drunk) without being an alcoholic.
You are taking a single event out of context. I drink and sometimes get drunk, but I am not an alcoholic. I have never taken speed in order to stay awake longer to drink more. 6 to 10 shots in any night would be out of the question for me, not because I couldn't handle it, but because I prefer to keep my wits about me.

And you can use E without needing "rehab".
Sure, but you need rehab. If not for your substance abuse, as a gesture to the court that you recognize you have a problem when you drink (use drugs).

2) How do I know how much a child takes? Am I a doctor? Really are you seriously that ignorant?
No, is a doctor not the proper authority to question the normal dosage of a controlled substance to a child. Given that you didn't even know the physical effects (dialted pupils) of the medicine you were taking, I am somewhat skeptikal that you would know the recomended dosage. In fact, 30mg is the maximum recommended dosage for a child, not the typical dosage.

You have to be a doctor to know facts about things? Seriously? Are you kidding?
You would probably have real facts if you were a doctor.

I know how much a child takes because I educate myself.
Like with the pupils, got it. :rolleyes:

It doesn't take much brain power to learn about something.
If you keep abusing your brain with controlled substances you will lose that power.

You should try it sometime because you obviously speak without knowing jack squat.
I know a little something, something. You're the one that came here asking for help. How can you say that I don't know anything when you don't even know me? Doesn't that make you a pompous mouth? :cool:

3) No - MDMA does not contain 100-125mg. You are wrong.
We will have to agree to disagree. I will stick with my source over some junkie any day. I'll have to agree with Carl in the end, you don't know what you took.

Yet another ignorant, uneducated comment spouted from a pompous mouth.
A pompous mouth that isn't facing mandatory 10 days in jail. What is your Master's degree in junkie?

A typical MDMA tablet contains about 60-80mg of MDMA. Alexander Shulgin *recommends* taking 125mg of MDMA for a proper experience.
It was actually 120mg, ignorant pompous mouth. ;)

That is most likely where you're getting your numbers from. This is what happens when all you do is google something and you know nothing about it.
You are wrong, again.

You end up spouting incorrect facts and sticking your foot in your mouth. Nice try though.
Like with your BAC, your pupils, and the typical doasge of Adderall for a child. :rolleyes:

4) Have any of you ever driven with a drink in your system?
Sure, but I didn't get a DUI for driving the wrong way down a street while I was also under the influence of speed and ecstacy.

Im willing to bet nearly *ALL* of you have.
That doesn't make your infraction any less serious. The only person that is going to do your time, is you.

So you can all take your hypocritical comments and stick them where they belong.
I'm no hypocrite. I don't drive drunk. My record of 0 DUI arrests can vouch for that.

Some people are not capable of talking on the phone and driving. Some are.
Correct, but immaterial.

Some people aren't coordinated enough to text while driving. But guess what? Some people are.
Correct, but immaterial.

Some people can't drive for sh*t after a few drinks. Guess what? Even according to the cop - SOME PEOPLE CAN.
You are arguing that the DUI laws in all fifty states shouldn't apply to you because you are the only human on earth that does not feel the effects of alcohol. I want to be at your trial, please represent yourself. It isn't in your best interest but it would be hilarious from my side of the court room.

Everyone is wired differently.
Again, let me know when and where you are offering this defense to your DUI, I have to see it for myself.

Doesn't make drinking and driving okay. But you are all full of crap if you're going to claim you've never gotten behind the wheel after having something to drink.
Nobody made that claim, I have never gotten a DUI. I make the adult decision not to drive after having more than two drinks in an entire night. That means that the chances of me ever getting a DUI are ZERO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">