• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my tenant wants to pay for a new fence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pharcyder

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have a tenant who has two dogs. The house has a 50 year old fence that is flimsy, but does not need to be replaced. The tenant wants to pay to have a new fence installed on the property anyways. What should I do to protect my property from liens or claims since the tenant is paying thousands of dollars to upgrade my house?

Also, I have another question. I have an applicant who wants to pay a full year in advance. The applicant has no job (inheritance). Can I legally accept the tenant's $20,000 up front for the year?

Also! Last question. I have a tenant who wants to paint the interior of his house. I told him I wouldn't pay to have the place repainted. The tenant said he would paint it if I supplied the material. Does allowing the tenant to paint the entire interior of the house open me up to any type of liability?

Thank you for all the help!

FarmerJ

you wrote >Last question. I have a tenant who wants to paint the interior of his house< its not the tenants house , it is YOURS , can you live with the idea of having to deal with a bad paint job from tenant like say tenant slopped paint all over nice real wood wood work or hardwood floors ? or what if they slopped on your carpet? spare your self the hassle and say no and stick to your guns , what if the tenant did odd colors ? or didnt stay on but did a lousy job , you think it wont stink trying to prove the tenant damaged yoour unit by slopping paint all over when your the one who let them ? 2 year in advance ,if your states laws do not forbid it then your only concern is what if they spend and spend it all gone and have no money at the time to renew , i would say talk to atty about that whole mess, NUmber one seriously they can add a long dog cable w pulley and let the dog be on that . I have acres that our springer spanial can run on but he doesnt gt to do it any more he does very nicely on a cable w pulley If you let these people install a fence they are going to feel so entitled its not funny. say NO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">