• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Name on deed / mortgage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ocir

What is the name of your state?
Florida
The builder of a house that I am about to purchase wants to know if I wanted to have both my wife's name and mine on the deed? I am retired, my wife is not and there is a 20 year difference between us. Does the question have anything to do with our age difference? Also should the mortgage be in both of our names or just mine given the age difference. I am 67.

HomeGuru

ocir said:
What is the name of your state?
Florida
The builder of a house that I am about to purchase wants to know if I wanted to have both my wife's name and mine on the deed? I am retired, my wife is not and there is a 20 year difference between us. Does the question have anything to do with our age difference? Also should the mortgage be in both of our names or just mine given the age difference. I am 67.

**A: consult with you own personal attorney.

nextwife

Is the purchase utilizing MARITAL, or premarital funds?

As stated, talk to an estate planning attorney, so that you protect your wife and any kids in the way you desire.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">