• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nebraska Constitution Governor's Salary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mars4Dude

Nebraska Constitution - My question is I recall being taught that the governor's salary according to the Nebraska Constitution is the same as the highest paid state employee; however, not know much about law I cannot seem to find any on the topic in the Nebraska Constitution that I am finding on line. I know this may sound really dumb but, I am not an attorney. Are statutes considered part of the Constitution? Any help one could give me in finding out how the Governor's salary is determined by a constitutional authority would be of great benefit to me. Thank you for taking time to read my question even if you cannot help. I do thank you and appreciate your effort. :confused:

CdwJava

Google the Nebraska Constitution and read it for yourself. I doubt it covers the salary of the governor, but it might ... however, you'd think that would leave the governor out of salary and benefit budget approvals due to a conflict of interest.

And, no, statutes and the Constitution are NOT the same thing.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">