• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice on Settlement Conference today

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cobrakai

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
I have a Settlement Conference (pro se) about the parenting plan/relocation of my son with his mom to California. I need advice on the approach that I should take? I definitely want my son to stay here but I know the odds aren't in my favor because he's live with his mom his entire life. Since it's not an actual hearing/trial, will the judge at the settlement conference give their opinion on whether or not I would win/lose if we were go to trial over the objection to relocation? If the judge does give their opinion and thinks she'd be allowed to take my son to California, what's a good and fair amount my son's mom should have to help me see my son?(he's 4) Is she responsible for half of all airfare? Should I ask for a certain dollar amount for the entire year to be split up to cover transportation costs? Thank you for any help.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I am always fascinated that people wait 'til the day of to ask for help.

No, the judge is not likely to give you a preview of his/her decision.

truebluemd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
I have a Settlement Conference (pro se) about the parenting plan/relocation of my son with his mom to California. I need advice on the approach that I should take? I definitely want my son to stay here but I know the odds aren't in my favor because he's live with his mom his entire life. If he's only four, thats not enough reason that she should take him with her to California. Are you fighting the move (as far as your child)? Would you be willing to be the primary caregiver or would you rather the child move with mom?

cobrakai

This could be a very "depends" question, but if we don't come up with an agreement today, how many days/weeks away would the trial be to decide all of this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">