• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice-Please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmorris

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? KY

I am having problems with a collection agency. I never received a bill from the original creditor or CA. I only found out through my credit report. The bill is in error because the hospital failed to submit my information to the ER doctor. The CA said if I paid the bill, they would delete the entry from my credit report. However they haven't (false statement-violation of FDCPA) but I have a telephone conversation recorded where they admit that is what they told me. I sent a letter demanding they delete the entry because of our agreement. They said they would do nothing unless an attorney contacted them. I have had trouble finding an attorney because the amount is small ($100 bill), but I found one today that will write demand letters to the CA and original creditor for free (very nice--I'm very grateful).

Is the CA likely to respond more favorably to the attorney's letter? She will not take it to court for me if they don't. I have called 10-15 attorneys and so far, none are interested. What are my options at this point?

I thought about small claims, but from what I understand, the judge can't make them delete the entry from my credit report. Does anyone have any advice for finding one that will take the case? I do not care if they take most or all of the money I am awarded--I just want my report fixed.

Please help me. I appreciate any advice.

toyia

in refrence to me being crazy

I left you a long response to read.Go back to where you found me under new post.Then find toyia.I sent it at 11:51am

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">