• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof3&SMomof3

LdiJ,

Thank for your response that is all I wanted to know. NCP never had a problem signing contract or looking into braces. At the time CP was insisting, not asking. My husbands firm was bought out by a canada company and insurance changed. Then then 6 months later my husband was offered a better position with a different company and new coverage wasn't available until may when enrollment comes. For the last 7 months he has been paying for insurance through a cobra status. There are plenty in network Dr's in her area. She lives in a large city surrounded by by other's cities. We have a booklet that says how much out of pocket it will be if using one of the Dr's.

You may be right about the 18 1/2 year old, but michigan laws state that child can receive child support up to the age of 19 1/2 if he is in school full time, in good standing with a reasonable expectation to graduate. Well the child in question was kicked out of one school placed in a community school. This school offers kids a chance to earn 8 credits per year. They need 22 to graduate. He is supposed to be in 12 but currently he has 8.5 credits and that puts him in a 10th grade position. FOC already told us to bring documentation. There is no way he is going to graduate he may drop out. Who knows. This past year he only received 1.25 credits out of a possible 8....

Oh well, we will seek counsel and see what happens.

thanks again,

Just Blue

Momof3&SMomof3 said:
LdiJ,

Thank for your response that is all I wanted to know. NCP never had a problem signing contract or looking into braces. At the time CP was insisting, not asking. My husbands firm was bought out by a canada company and insurance changed. Then then 6 months later my husband was offered a better position with a different company and new coverage wasn't available until may when enrollment comes. For the last 7 months he has been paying for insurance through a cobra status. There are plenty in network Dr's in her area. She lives in a large city surrounded by by other's cities. We have a booklet that says how much out of pocket it will be if using one of the Dr's.

You may be right about the 18 1/2 year old, but michigan laws state that child can receive child support up to the age of 19 1/2 if he is in school full time, in good standing with a reasonable expectation to graduate. Well the child in question was kicked out of one school placed in a community school. This school offers kids a chance to earn 8 credits per year. They need 22 to graduate. He is supposed to be in 12 but currently he has 8.5 credits and that puts him in a 10th grade position. FOC already told us to bring documentation. There is no way he is going to graduate he may drop out. Who knows. This past year he only received 1.25 credits out of a possible 8....

Oh well, we will seek counsel and see what happens.

thanks again,
With the horror that is the 18 year olds academic life..Why hasn't dad done something to help this child?? I would think he could have gotten a change of custody for this boy...I just don't understand why dad would leave this boy with the mother when she is not doing anything to help her child...:confused:

Just Blue

rmet4nzkx said:
I checked with the FA Crystal Ball,

Good news!
You will not be beaten with an Oxygen tank and dragged by a PMV.
BAD news is that on a field trip to the wineries, you will insist on stomping grapes in your old age and drown in a vat of new wine while singing,
"Tiny Bubbles,
In the Wine.
Mekes me happy,
Makes me feel fine......!"
You should have gone to the Outlet Mall instead.

Rmet...what does the FA Crystal ball say about my demise????????:eek:

Shay-Pari'e

rmet4nzkx said:
I checked with the FA Crystal Ball,

Good news!
You will not be beaten with an Oxygen tank and dragged by a PMV.
BAD news is that on a field trip to the wineries, you will insist on stomping grapes in your old age and drown in a vat of new wine while singing,
"Tiny Bubbles,
In the Wine.
Mekes me happy,
Makes me feel fine......!"
You should have gone to the Outlet Mall instead.

Oh Goodie! It sounds like I will go out happy!

Step Mom,

Grow up soon.

Shay-Pari'e

baystategirl said:
With the horror that is the 18 year olds academic life..Why hasn't dad done something to help this child?? I would think he could have gotten a change of custody for this boy...I just don't understand why dad would leave this boy with the mother when she is not doing anything to help her child...:confused:
You would think he would get all those fillings done too, especially since mom is sooooooooo crappy!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">