• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help about daughter's first overnight visit with non-custodial parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Isis1

My advice to the OP...

When your daughter is picked up (or you drop her off) go get yourself a nice bottle of wine ( or fruity drink) put on a long t-shirt with no pants, go find a few r rated movies, and pig out on chips and dip.

You can do this alone or with a bunch of girlfriends :D.

It's what i would do if i had a kid free night.

I remember when my little ones went for the few first times. I cried the whole weekend. It was very hard on me more so than them. This went on for a while and then I started to actually enjoy it. I cooked meals and froze them did all the cleaning ect to then when they got home and the next week I could spend extra quality time with them and just pop dinner in the oven get out the paper plates then cuddle on the couch or play games or what ever. Use the time to do something for yourself to but if you do things for your little one it will make you feel better. Also it will pass the time bye. I know how you feel but everything will be ok. *hugs*

Last edited:

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

I remember when my little ones went for the few first times. I cried the whole weekend. It was very hard on me more so than them. This went on for a while and then I started to actually enjoy it. I cooked meals and froze them did all the cleaning ect to then when they got home and the next week I could spend extra quality time with them and just pop dinner in the oven get out the paper plates then cuddle on the couch or play games or what ever. Use the time to do something for yourself to but if you do things for your little one it will make you feel better. Also it will pass the time bye. If you need to talk my e mail is [email protected] I know how you feel but everything will be ok. *hugs*
ah cupcake? Unless you want everyone and their brother emailing you... remove your post and I will remove this one... either that, or I'll do it for you. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">