• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help about moving with child PLEASE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

baby

Yesterday I went to court trying to get permission to move to Miami Fl from Tallahassee Fl with my child. My husband to be works for the Secert Service and had to move. I was not givin permission to do so. I think the judge wanted to let me go but sayed she did not have enough to prove it was in the best interest for my daughter. I am going to still fight this. My childs father see her only 3days a month and 4nights so it is not like his has her 50 of the time. He is a real ass and I know the judge saw right through him. See told me to get my stuff together and please come back so she can give me permission. I do not have a copy of the 6 florida stautes law that must be gone by. If so one can give them to me I would appericate it. I am mad!!! My lawyer was very good but I think he sould have told he what I needed. I can get it now it is going to be longer till I can start my and my daughters live with the man I love. My lawyer is also not going to make me pay him anymore money to go back to court because he knows he did wrong. Just would like to have some input .Thanks

B

baby

We were never married. My child does not ever have his last name. But it does say in are agreement papers (court) that in order to move we must get permission from the other or a judge.

LegalBeagle

I am surprised you lost since his visitation is so small and you are staying within the jurisdiction of FL. This 'should' have been an easy case to win... You may have had to pay for his increased travel costs but that should not have stopped a judge letting you go..

Personally, I think she did you a favor, Miami sucks and I hated every minute I was there.

------------------
Psst.. I am not an attorney, and even if I was, I would not tell you. Which technically could mean I am an attorney, but I would not tell you either way. What I am giving you is not legal advice in anyway. For proper legal advice, retain a person who openly admits they are an attorney.

B

baby

Thanks I need to here someone view on this. And yes Maimi would not have been my first pick for a place to live the places you will move and do in the name of love. Thanks again

A

Always searching

x

[This message has been edited by Always searching (edited October 15, 2000).]

B

BAC

Maybe the judge is smarter than we think she is. Something just does not add up. She says that her boyfriend is in the Secret Service. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. Maybe saying that he is in the Secret Service is just a tactic to avoid disclosing information about his real occupation. I, however, find it hard to believe that he is in the SS. For one thing, people who are in the SS have to be fairly intelligent and are very choosy about the individuals they associate or "hang around" with. For starters, the writer's bad grammar and misspelled words indicate that she is an undereducated individual. Also, if Miami is as bad as some you say it is (and I have heard that it is), why would she want to bring her child there? If he is truly in the Secret Service, why don't they move somewhere that is safer but within a reasonable distance from Miami? They should certainly be able to afford it. I don't know.....just sounds fishy to me.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Always searching:
I had a thought as to why the proceeding turned out the way they did. You are still a single mother, not a married person. If you both got married, then the judge would be in deep poo poo if she denied the move. You can't be denied a move when your "HUSBAND" has to move for his job. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Need to clear this.. the judge can not stop her from moving.. but, a judge can stop her from taking the child out of the area if there is another interested party involved.

T

Tigres

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Maybe the judge is smarter than we think she is. Something just does not add up. She says that her boyfriend is in the Secret Service. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. Maybe saying that he is in the Secret Service is just a tactic to avoid disclosing information about his real occupation. I, however, find it hard to believe that he is in the SS. For one thing, people who are in the SS have to be fairly intelligent and are very choosy about the individuals they associate or "hang around" with. For starters, the writer's bad grammar and misspelled words indicate that she is an undereducated individual. Also, if Miami is as bad as some you say it is (and I have heard that it is), why would she want to bring her child there? If he is truly in the Secret Service, why don't they move somewhere that is safer but within a reasonable distance from Miami? They should certainly be able to afford it. I don't know.....just sounds fishy to me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Safe and a reasonable distance from Miami? Please name one spot that is with in less than an hours commute from Miami that you would call 'safe'??? LOL Sorry, I grew up just south of Miami and it takes an hour to do a 10 mile commute in some instances!

She didn't say he was a secret service agent, she said he worked for the Secret Service. Hardly a secret to be working for a government agency! A SS headhunter came after me at a job fair, Unfortunately, they wanted a college DEGREE to be an administrative clerk! (Another gov't thing!) Which tosses out your "They should certainly be able to afford it." theory. ;)

Regardless, as long as she is not considered a threat in some way, she would pass muster(investigation if there was one!) to be married to the gentleman in question. As to the intelligence issue, I hardly think missing a few spellings makes her an idiot. I personally know of 3 very intelligent and well educated people who misspell things on a regular basis when posting on the net. One is dyslexic, one can't type and one either can't or doesn't bother spelling correctly!

Ya'll, please don't jump to conclusions quite so often. It's getting to be an annoying habit for some of you! :p Sorry about that, but I've been misjudged online because of one word! So this has become a bit of a pet peeve with me.

Hasta Luego!

Tig :cool:

------------------
I am not a lawyer. Any information relayed is merely my own experience or research.

WARNING: I HAVE AN ATTITUDE AND I KNOW HOW TO USE IT.

"PRINCESS, HAVING HAD SUFFICIENT EXPERIENCE WITH PRINCES, SEEKS FROG."

[This message has been edited by Tigres (edited August 27, 2000).]

T

Tigres

:) Oops!

[This message has been edited by Tigres (edited August 27, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">