• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help fast - Wife's UCCJEA incorrect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? TX and CA

My friend's wife lives in California, where he and their two girls used to live. He moved to Texas for relocation in June of this year. By mutual consent, the girls are living with him in Texas since August of this year and are attending Texas schools. They have been separated since Feb. of 2000 and at that time, the wife moved out and they split custody of the girls, the dad getting them 57% of the time to her 43%. He remained in the family home.
She has filed for divorce and on her UCCJEA it states that the minor children have lived with her at her apartment for the last 5 years up until present. It does not state anything about the girls living with him in California (57%) or about them presently living in Texas. She's currently trying to get custody, etc., but that may be worked out between the two of them. She has an attorney who should know better. Does this constitute fraud? My other question is when he files his response, does he send in the correct UCCJEA form for California or send a Texas UCCJEA or both? I know this form has to do with the court that has jurisdiction over the minor children and I know it's important for the courts to have correct information as to where they actually have lived and are living.

Please, anyone with knowledge about child custody cases, UCCJEA and two states involved, please respond.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">