• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help fighting first speeding ticket in NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cepe10

Ah, here we go again...

Care to guess how that's done in NYS? (I'll give you one clue - it has to do with one of the prerequisites of being radar certified.)
How exactly does he do so when there are several vehicles within the field of view of the radar beam??? - It goes directly against the training (which is well documented)... or are you saying the officer will lie under oath and say there was no other traffic and he got a steady tone and adequate tracking history (2-3 seconds = 300 ft+)...A pretty difficult feat on multiple cars with a limited sight distance....

You Are Guilty

How exactly does he do so when there are several vehicles within the field of view of the radar beam??? - It goes directly against the training (which is well documented)... or are you saying the officer will lie under oath and say there was no other traffic and he got a steady tone and adequate tracking history (2-3 seconds = 300 ft+)...A pretty difficult feat on multiple cars with a limited sight distance....
Hint #2:
New York v. Olsen, 22 N.Y. 2d 230, 292, N.Y.S. 420, 239 N.E. 2d 354 (1968).

(Not that I agree with the Court's holding, but I know first hand that the traffic courts here still follow it).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">