• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help In Florida On Arrest On Private Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pamela101369

I HAVE AN AQUAINTANCE OF MINE WHO LIVES IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA. SHE WAS AT HOME ONE DAY WHEN SHE DECIDED TO DRIVE AROUND THE DIRT ROAD ON HER PROPERTY. AT THE TIME HER LICENSE WAS SUSPENDED FOR TOO MANY POINTS ON HER LICENSE. ALONG COMES AN OFFICER PULLS ON TO HER PRIVATE PROPERTY AND ARREST HER FOR DRIVING WITH A SUSPENDED LICENSE AND SHE GOES TO JAIL. NOW SHE HAS TO GO TO COURT. MY QUESTION IS IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA IS THIS ILLEGAL?

I KNOW IN MY STATE IT IS LEGAL TO DO THIS BECAUSE ALL THE OFFICER NEEDS IS SUSPISION TO PULL YOU OVER NO MATTER WHERE. AND IF YOU ARE UNDER THE WHEEL YOU BETTER HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE. PLEASE IF ANY ONE CAN HELP EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW. SHE HAS A COURT CASE ON THE 18TH OF THIS MONTH. THANKS

[email protected]

BelizeBreeze

1. She had her priviledge to operate a motor vehicle suspended.

2. she gets behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.

3. she is seen operating said motor vehicle.

4. she is issued a summons.

What part of that does she not understand?

CdwJava

Actually, I was recently looking in to this because of another post and even on the FL DMV websites (and others) all the statutes I read indicate that the unlicensed driver is only in violation on the public roads.

It would seem that Pamela's friend could probably get out of this at the first hearing ... provided the friend had not been on any public roadway at all.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">