• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help in pa!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Isis1

no it was a person in an office, people tell me its the mediation before a judge, they make a decision and if you dont like the decision then you appeal before a judge

im just trying to figure out what to expect infront of a judge if i gave this mediator all this proof i have no income how he used my old income to come up with a figure for me to pay
because that is all the paperwork he has to go by.

appeal. show up with your attorney. show up with the SSI disability documentation. even a status report. medical records. ER diagnosis. and look for employment in the meantime.

Proserpina

because that is all the paperwork he has to go by.

appeal. show up with your attorney. show up with the SSI disability documentation. even a status report. medical records. ER diagnosis. and look for employment in the meantime.

Is, this OP can't claim that he's able and willing to work and looking for a job at the same he's claiming he's disabled and unable to work.

Please, let me know where I'm misunderstanding you here.

Justrights

i am unable to work, only reason i filed for ssd is because i couldnt do a simple job liek sitting all day without agitating my back and ending up in the er once a month.

BUT even if i found a job its not gonna pay me what my last job did will they re calculate the support?

OHRoadwarrior

Isis, he can't have it both ways.

He's either eligible for UI - in which case he's available and able to work - or he's disabled.

The court will see it the same way. He's either disabled or he isn't.

(As an aside, a patient filing for SSDI based on a disk injury who has not yet explored every available treatment option is not likely to be approved)
I love it, where a lawyer advised him to file for disability. Based on his description of injuries, I do not believe a doctor would feel he is qualified. There is no reason he could not find another job like this one to do.

Justrights

my dr wrote a 2 page letter describing my injuries and how he feels in his opinion im unable to work and should get phyisical therpy 3-4 times a week

OHRoadwarrior

my dr wrote a 2 page letter describing my injuries and how he feels in his opinion im unable to work and should get phyisical therpy 3-4 times a week
So how are you able to claim you are able to work and get unemployment? Are you getting physical therapy 3-4 times a week?

Justrights

i am not claiming i can work, i DO NOT get unemplyment, i have NO INCOME at this time thats why i dont understand how they can do this to me

OHRoadwarrior

You do realize the doctor has advised you to get treatment. If you do not get the treatment, you will likely be denied on the basis you failed to follow medical advise and attempt to make the condition better. Also, were you getting therapy from the onset of injury until now? If not, the doctor needs to figure out what changed with your condition, that suddenly, you need all this therapy.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">