• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help please!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anna Moore

I have got charged with 4th degree assault in KY. I went to court 20th of June 2016 and told them I did it. But I would like to be put on probation and I have money to pay fine today. But the prolonged my court till the 29th of this month to see if they can get a hold of the person I hit. I'm nervous about going to jail never really been and I have 2 kids and no one to care for them if I go. One is 4 and the other is 4 months old and breast feeds.then happen over a year ago in January 2015. They just now got me in court.Will I go to jail?? I have other charges on me for theft from a Wal-Mart about 4 or 5 years ago and never been in trouble sense. If they get a hold of the victim and they say send her to jail will they really send me??

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I have got charged with 4th degree assault in KY. I went to court 20th of June 2016 and told them I did it. But I would like to be put on probation and I have money to pay fine today. But the prolonged my court till the 29th of this month to see if they can get a hold of the person I hit. I'm nervous about going to jail never really been and I have 2 kids and no one to care for them if I go. One is 4 and the other is 4 months old and breast feeds.then happen over a year ago in January 2015. They just now got me in court.Will I go to jail?? I have other charges on me for theft from a Wal-Mart about 4 or 5 years ago and never been in trouble sense. If they get a hold of the victim and they say send her to jail will they really send me??
You need to have alternative care available or your children could end up in foster care. jail is possible. The fact that your child is breastfeeding is not going to dictate your punishment. You really can spend time in jail. So make sure you have your ducks in a row.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There's no way we can guess what will happen. You may wish to consult with your attorney about this matter.

Anna Moore

I talked to attorney yesterday and they said probation and fine was ok but they giving themself a week to try to find the victim and see what they say.

Eekamouse

Oh please! You're a mother with two children and you're still getting into physical fights with people? Why didn't you think of your kids before you decided to assault somebody? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">