• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help with Georgia laws regarding mediated parenting time agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? GA

Hello everyone, I thank you for you resposes to this post. I would like to know
if there is a website that specify in mediated agreement parenting time. The reason for the question is because I want to modify the agreement but we just went to court two months ago and got this agreement filed with courts.

casa

What is the name of your state? GA

Hello everyone, I thank you for you resposes to this post. I would like to know
if there is a website that specify in mediated agreement parenting time. The reason for the question is because I want to modify the agreement but we just went to court two months ago and got this agreement filed with courts.

I'm confused...If you just mediated 2 months ago & came up with an agreement...what do you want to Modify?

You can look up GA Parenting Plans if you want some sort of guideline/outline.

What part(s) of the agreement do you want to modify?

I'm confused...If you just mediated 2 months ago & came up with an agreement...what do you want to Modify?

You can look up GA Parenting Plans if you want some sort of guideline/outline.

What part(s) of the agreement do you want to modify?
I dont want to modify, my ex does. He wants more than 4 hours with no overnights until two yrs old with our two month old son. He does not want to do the pick up/drop offs as agreeded. I also posted in the child support forum because he now wants us to drop the court date that we this Thursday for child support. He claims we can work outside the courts with that, yet he served me.

Last edited:

casa

I dont want to modify, my ex does. He wants more than 4 hours with no overnights until two yrs old with our two month old son. He does not want to do the pick up/drop offs as agreeded. I also posted in the child support forum because he now wants us to drop the court date that we this Thursday for child support. He claims we can work outside the courts with that, yet he served me.
What is the current Court Ordered schedule? Have you looked up GA infant parenting schedules to determine a 'reasonable' compromise with Dad? What was mediated, if you still do not agree? Or are you going to thave another hearing for the court's determination?

Do Not EVER take legal advice from your X. (Especially not about Child Support). There are state guidelines for Child Support & the courts will determine that.

TinkerBelleLuvr

DO NOT not go to court (man I hate double negatives.) Based on his behaviour at this time, what makes you think that he will be timely with full child support payments. Your court order is your friend. :D:D

What is the current Court Ordered schedule? Have you looked up GA infant parenting schedules to determine a 'reasonable' compromise with Dad? What was mediated, if you still do not agree? Or are you going to thave another hearing for the court's determination?

Do Not EVER take legal advice from your X. (Especially not about Child Support). There are state guidelines for Child Support & the courts will determine that.
when we went to mediation it was agreed that he have our son for 12 hours a week with my ex doing the picu up /drop offs. WE both signed and had the judge sign the mediated agreement. The reason he wants the child support dropped is because he is suppose to come up with paystubs and and tax returns. He dont have them to produce and staes that he dont wont to go back to jail.

LdiJ

when we went to mediation it was agreed that he have our son for 12 hours a week with my ex doing the picu up /drop offs. WE both signed and had the judge sign the mediated agreement. The reason he wants the child support dropped is because he is suppose to come up with paystubs and and tax returns. He dont have them to produce and staes that he dont wont to go back to jail.
He can easily get them, that is just an excuse on his part. If he hasn't filed his taxes he needs to do so. If has filed them then he just needs to ask the IRS to fax him transcripts.
His employer can also easily provide him with payroll records in lieu of pay stubs.

He is stuck with the agreement that he signed off on two months ago. Unless you honestly agree to a change, no judge is going to make changes to an agreement that is only two months old, without a SERIOUS change in circumstance.

He can easily get them, that is just an excuse on his part. If he hasn't filed his taxes he needs to do so. If has filed them then he just needs to ask the IRS to fax him transcripts.
His employer can also easily provide him with payroll records in lieu of pay stubs.

He is stuck with the agreement that he signed off on two months ago. Unless you honestly agree to a change, no judge is going to make changes to an agreement that is only two months old, without a SERIOUS change in circumstance.
Thanks , but the problem is he lied in court the first time we went. He told the judge that he is working so she assumed he was and requested him to produce the paystubs and tax return. (He did however work under the table at a barber shop for the past year 2007). He claims now that he's a full time student and the judge wont make him pay until he graduates.

LdiJ

Thanks , but the problem is he lied in court the first time we went. He told the judge that he is working so she assumed he was and requested him to produce the paystubs and tax return. (He did however work under the table at a barber shop for the past year 2007). He claims now that he's a full time student and the judge wont make him pay until he graduates.
That's not going to happen. What's going to happen is that the judge is going to impute an income to him. I also bet that he is not being paid under the table. I bet he gets a 1099 for 2007, which means that he is going to owe a buttload in taxes.

That's not going to happen. What's going to happen is that the judge is going to impute an income to him. I also bet that he is not being paid under the table. I bet he gets a 1099 for 2007, which means that he is going to owe a buttload in taxes.
That's what i assume at first because I think he's being evasive about his income and he just got married last week

Silverplum

I know his marriage has nothing to do with anything. I was just stating it because he yelled to me that he has no money for support yet he says he shelled out too much for his wedding.
His excuses are merely excuses. Tell him to tell the judge all about his wedding. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">