• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help with minor consumption question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teen18

I think someone misunderstood me...why is that a troubling statement? I just said I don't give in to peer pressure! Of all of the drugs I've been offered (coke, mushrooms, ecstacy, acid, weed...) I haven't done a single one of them. WHY IS THAT TROUBLING? Are you saying it is troubling that it is that widely available? Maybe you misinterpreted my statement...I meant that drinking is the only thing illegal that I've done...and I don't know what they taught when you guys grow up but I just laugh when I hear the word "alcoholic" thrown around at any teen who ever takes a drink these days. I'd say the majority of my senior class in high school drank every weekend and I wouldn't consider them all "alcoholics". If you drink by yourself or on weekdays sure you have a problem but not if you drink at social events every so often. I'm done posting on this topic...I found out what I need thanks to those who helped and to the select few who didn't just don't be suprised if one day your kids come home with a minor consumption because of how oblivious you were to the fact that underage drinking actually happens and didn't care to be more accepting before. To quote my buddy fcobarr, cheers!

Last edited:

majomom1

I think someone misunderstood me...why is that a troubling statement? I just said I don't give in to peer pressure! Of all of the drugs I've been offered (coke, mushrooms, ecstacy, acid, weed...) I haven't done a single one of them. WHY IS THAT TROUBLING? Are you saying it is troubling that it is that widely available? Maybe you misinterpreted my statement...I meant that drinking is the only thing illegal that I've done...and I don't know what they taught when you guys grow up but I just laugh when I hear the word "alcoholic" thrown around at any teen who ever takes a drink these days. I'd say the majority of my senior class in high school drank every weekend and I wouldn't consider them all "alcoholics". If you drink by yourself or on weekdays sure you have a problem but not if you drink at social events every so often. I'm done posting on this topic...I found out what I need thanks to those who helped and to the select few who didn't just don't be suprised if one day your kids come home with a minor consumption because of how oblivious you were to the fact that underage drinking actually happens and didn't care to be more accepting before. To quote my buddy fcobarr, cheers!
Actually... that is not what you posted. Go back and read your own post. Because of the pressure to drink, you were questioning whether you were on strike 1 or 2... that sounds like you are having trouble saying no...

The drugs... YOU brought that up too. How many times you say NO to other illegal actions, does not offset, or give you brownie points, towards the ones that you say YES to.

Drugs and alcohol are no lauging matter. Hopefully you won't become an alcoholic... but if you are not aware NOW of the danger and how something so simple or small can become a big deal, then you are deluding yourself. You also stated that someone that is properly educated and responsible was ok. Consider this education. The more aware you are NOW, the less likely it will become a problem latter on.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Iand I don't know what they taught when you guys grow up but I just laugh when I hear the word "alcoholic" thrown around at any teen who ever takes a drink these days. I'd say the majority of my senior class in high school drank every weekend and I wouldn't consider them all "alcoholics". If you drink by yourself or on weekdays sure you have a problem but not if you drink at social events every so often. I'm done posting on this topic...
Wrong. You can be an alcoholic and drink at social events every so often. YOu can be an alcoholic quite frankly and drink once a year. So you really don't understand the definition of the word alcoholic or what an alcoholic is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">