• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help with Procedure Please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Courtroomfive

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I filed a Motion to Compel Discovery and -- FINALLY received Discovery -- how do I cancel? I called the Clerks office thinking I could perhaps just "cancel" but no go. Anyone?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

I filed a Motion to Compel Discovery and -- FINALLY received Discovery -- how do I cancel? I called the Clerks office thinking I could perhaps just "cancel" but no go. Anyone?
File another motion stating you received discovery and withdrawing the motion to compel. But seriously, YOU ARE COMPLETELY over your head. You need to educate yourself. Read the local rules, rules of procedures and all statutes. If you haven't done that yet, WHY ARE YOU PRETENDING YOU HAVE A CLUE?

latigo

Simple. If you are satisfied with the response to your discovery requests and have noticed up the motion to compel, then verbally notify both the clerk and opposing counsel that the hearing is vacated.

If you are satisfied with the response and have not noticed the motion for hearing, let it lie. In other words, don't do anything until you hear otherwise, which you shouldn't. If the clerk squawks,
then file and serve a written notice and order to withdraw the motion and to vacate the hearing.

Lastly, hire an attorney because you seem lost at the threshold and it won't get any easier once you pass beyond it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">