• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Legal Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KuZz

What is the name of your state? NY

Last night me and my friends were driving home and we stopped in a public mall to take a quick piss break outside at like 2:30am. We had done some drinking, but far from drunk. Being stupid, we kicked over a newly planted tree, which led to security calling the cops and us being arrested. They said we were stealing it. They gave my friend a breathilizer and he blew a .05, .08 is the legal limit in NY. They wouldn't let him drive and impounded his truck. We posted bail and have a court appearence on 7/11. What I'm wondering is what I should do, I really don't want this to go on my record, nothing like this has ever happend to me. Do I need a lawyer or will they reduce this for me if I plead guilty?

seniorjudge

KuZz said:
What is the name of your state? NY

Last night me and my friends were driving home and we stopped in a public mall to take a quick piss break outside at like 2:30am. We had done some drinking, but far from drunk. Being stupid, we kicked over a newly planted tree, which led to security calling the cops and us being arrested. They said we were stealing it. They gave my friend a breathilizer and he blew a .05, .08 is the legal limit in NY. They wouldn't let him drive and impounded his truck. We posted bail and have a court appearence on 7/11. What I'm wondering is what I should do, I really don't want this to go on my record, nothing like this has ever happend to me. Do I need a lawyer or will they reduce this for me if I plead guilty?
Yep, you need a lawyer all right.

outonbail

You might also want to talk to a doctor and see if getting a transfusion, can remove some of that “STUPID” gene from your blood! ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">