• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some advice on a contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lothario

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California.

I develop specialized software that is charged on a monthly usage basis.
I have allowed this customer to use the software in an unrestricted manner for
about 1 month for a bare minimum fee (about 10%) to convince his peers. They like it.

They are now interested in signing a 2-year contract for the regular monthly usage fee.

But their corporate finance (budget) will not allow him to do this for the next 3 months.

They can:
Sign a 2-year contract in September.
OR
Sign a 2-year contract now that takes effect in September.

I need some advice/creativity:
· This is a big customer. I want to avoid giving them access to the software for at 10% of the regular fee for 3 months.
· What should I do to keep this customer happy and interested till September? I do not want to loose them to competitors.
· What incentives or deals or arrangements should I offer?

Some Random Guy

Get the money!

My your own admission, this is a big customer. If you make them wait till september, you get nothing till then and you get a change that they will change their minds over the summer.

Get then to sign a contract now. If that means you eat the cost for 3 months, so be it. You are still getting a 2 year sale out of them, and by keeping them happy you may have contract extensions and word of mouth advertising.

Get the money and move on to the next prospect!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">