• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some advice...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

q4life

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
I was put on a performance plan for 2 reasons last month. The first was for an issue that came up on a day that I had a PTO and there was a meeting that they needed to have an answer for.
The second is my management of billing for some work that was handled by another office and was a complete mess and then given to me in May to straighten out. I was blamed for not applying a payment to the proper open invoices and was hammered when a report went out without the payment on record.

I met with my boss and HR and explained that while I was out on PTO I asked the dept supervisor to look into the issue. He chose to wait an hour before the meeting and did not prepare. My boss could not figure it out then a nasty note was sent to me. Prior to that day I requested to change my PTO and come in that day but my notes were not acknoledged. So I did not come in. Had I been there I would have noted the issue and it would have been addressed. He also claimed I submitted a report late.

The second item was a payment that I have no visibilty on. A different dept entered this and even put this on the wrong customer which was why I didn't know. But I was told this was still my fault. The report was submitted before the time I was given but my boss asked me to edit and there were network issues that he knew about so there was some lag time. I still was held responsible.

Honestly this really sounds unfair to me especially siince my job is on the line and anything I do is magnifiied 100 times over. I am now being accused of not replying to my emails fast enough. How about when mine are ignored and it takes my boss 5 days to reply to me? Where is the common courtesy?

I am not sure if I can fight this or if I should wait for the axe to fall. HR is not supportive and I just feel like I am in an abusive situation.

Any advice as to what I can do? Thanks...

pattytx

"Common courtesy" is not required by law. And bosses usually get given more slack than line employees. "Unfair" does not necessarily equal "illegal".

What do you expect HR to do?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are asking whether anything illegal happened or whether any protected rights of yours were violated, the answer to both is no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">