• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Some Help With This Unemployment Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JOliver

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I just received an unemployment determination. It reads:

"You were discharged from ***Employer*** on 4-20-2007. Available information does not establish that your separation was for misconduct.

It is found that you were not fired for a deliberate disregard of your employers interest. You are not disqualified for benefits under MES ACT, SEC. 29 (1) (B)."

That is it**************.I am to believe that I do receive unemployment benefits. However this was the only thing sent and not a check...So......should I expect to receive a check sometime soon>

Any help is appreciated. I did try to look up the section act on-line and found no help.

Thanks.

fairisfair

it means that you are qualified for benefits and that they are processing your claim. Call them to find out when you should expect your first check.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't believe there is any state where you can logically expect to receive a check along with your acceptance. You've been established as being qualified to receive benefits; a check will follow in due course.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">