• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Some Opinions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

weenor

Alabama....

Hubby and I return to court next week...the GAL is recommending supervised visitation for a couple of hours twice a month for probably at least the next year. We do not have a supervision center in Birmingham....so trying to decide who needs to be the supervisor...

Hubby can't do it because crazy ex, will try to set him or start something....

Crazy ex's parents can't because they give into her all the time and would likely let her leave with the child..

DHR is a possibility ....but not exactly comfortable

GAL has volunteered to supervise at his office...he is an attorney that I have known and respected for while, but hubby is afraid that ex will put a spell on him (drug addicts are great manipulators) when she gets his ear...

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Zephyr

are there any remaining "mutual friends" from when they were married- you know someone who wouldn't really choose sides but who neither one of them would be against having as a supervisor? just a thought

Shay-Pari'e

Visitations in a lawyers office? How old are the kids? That is the only thing that really struck me as odd.

Other than your Hubby's crazy "X".

Zephyr

Shay-Pari'e said:
Visitations in a lawyers office? How old are the kids? That is the only thing that really struck me as odd.

Other than your Hubby's crazy "X".

that struck me as EXPENSIVE:eek:

who are the child's godparents? if any

issaka

You can always try a supervised visitation facilitator. They will be unbiased and cheaper than a lawyer.

weenor

Neither hubby nor I have family in the state...
There are no visitation facilitators in our city...
They were divorced approximately 12 years ago, so there are no mutual friends anymore.
The child is 12- I know its an unsual situation...but mom is crack addict who is going through a divorce now..she has been admitted to the psychiatric ward of the local hospital 3 times in the last 6 months..she has been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and accused by her stbx of "cutting" in front of her four year old, performing as a stripper this last summer and molesting a 15 year old relative of theirs.. Needless to say, while unsual the GAl is recommending supervised visitation because the woman is dangerous...The list goes on...If I wasn't living it I would like this post was from a troll..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">