• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to know how to transfer custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gotalife

What is the name of your state? TN

In the divorce I was originally granted full custody of our four kids. About a year ago our 15 year old decided that the grass would be greener at her father's house and I signed papers written up by my ex's new wife to sign custody over to him. These papers were noterized and signed by a judge. Daughter has now figured out what a mistake she made and wants to come back home. I need to go pick her up tomorrow and do whatever needs to be done to reinstate my custody (uncontested by ex). Don't really want to let the ex write up the order again, as I'm sure you've guessed, this was a mistake.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Can the ex and I go to the courthouse together and undo what was done a year ago? Does another order have to be written up? Time is of the essence because my daughter will have to change schools.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Gingermom

help please

If you and your ex are in agreement there should be not problem with switching. Contact your court and they would know what paperwork to file. Why did you have to change custody? Did they live a long distance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">