• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need your Help to see if I have a case.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmmagique

So, we're allowed to change poster's names to something insulting? Is that really not against the rules?

The lady said she doesn't do/have drugs and neither does her boyfriend. Operating on the premise that she is telling the truth, we *could* be giving her decent advice, rather than calling her a druggie, and calling her insulting names.

I'd also like to know who made anyone here the arbiter of how many children some stranger should have.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The fact that your boyfriend lives with you, DSimpson, is the reason why your home could be searched if they had a search warrant for his home/person. Where were your other children during this time? You may need to have a very serious conversation with your boyfriend regarding his involvement with drugs (be it dealing or using) and if there is any cause to doubt he is clean and sober to remove him from the life of you and your children. Put in a claim for the door so that it can be fixed. Where was your cousin when the police broke down the door?

OHRoadwarrior

The lady said she doesn't do/have drugs and neither does her boyfriend.
As I pointed out, if neither she or her boyfriend are druggies, there must have been a related basis for the warrant to be issued. I was awaiting her response. There is another part of the story we are not getting. It is needed, to determine whether she has any legitimacy to questions.

Silverplum

So, we're allowed to change poster's names to something insulting? Is that really not against the rules?
I'm guessing it's okay for some, not for others.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-crimes-federal-state-4/attempted-murder-charge-possible-following-585614-p2.html#post3114387

Or dare we even suggest it - UK law!

;) :D

(Because lattypoo would be incorrect on that one, too)

https://forum.freeadvice.com/marriage-domestic-partnerships-other-family-law-matters-45/does-partner-have-provide-health-insurance-585055.html#post3109521
I think you need glasses, OHRoadKill...
I'm sure there are more examples, and I'm sure I've done it also.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
As I pointed out, if neither she or her boyfriend are druggies, there must have been a related basis for the warrant to be issued. I was awaiting her response. There is another part of the story we are not getting. It is needed, to determine whether she has any legitimacy to questions.
The search warrant was issued on the basis of the information contained in the affidavit. Said affidavit may have been sealed and therefore unable for DSimpson to get. She really should get an attorney if she wants to proceed with any sort of investigation.

OHRoadwarrior

The search warrant was issued on the basis of the information contained in the affidavit. Said affidavit may have been sealed and therefore unable for DSimpson to get. She really should get an attorney if she wants to proceed with any sort of investigation.
Thx OG, now she has a concrete answer on how to proceed, if she wishes.

CdwJava

I'm not a druggie or am I in a relationship with a druggie!
If they got a search warrant for the residence, they had to present probable cause to a judge indicating that there was a strong likelihood that they would find drugs or the indicia of use or sales (or whatever they were looking for) in the location on the warrant. Typically this means they have a controlled buy or a good, reliable informant. You may want to reassess your boyfriend. Unless it's YOU that is involved in drugs.

If charged with a crime, consult legal counsel immediately.

For any damages, make a claim to the agency involved and ask that they pay for the damages. if they decline, then you might have to sue them in small claims court.

If people need counseling, go ahead and get counseling. However, understand that unless they committed some horrendous act of malfeasance, they are probably not going to be responsible. Serving a warrant on a suspected drug house can be a rather scary and dangerous thing - hence the guns.

jiggy78

Obviously, the police had some proof regarding your boyfriend, to obtain a search warrant..
No that's not "obvious" at all. First of all a warrant does not require proof but rather probable cause which a lower standard. Secondly, they can be issued in error or based on fault evidence. Police and Judges make mistakes.

Proserpina

Why yes, yes you have. But thank you for posting this. I laughed so hard that I splurted iced-tea (the unsweetened sort) everywhere.

On this wintery morning, I surely did need the giggles!

:cool:

jiggy78

Looks like you dont understand standards of proof either. Probable cause is a standard of proof.
What I meant (and I think it was pretty clear) was that it's a lower standard than what would be required for an indictment. let alone a conviction.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
What I meant (and I think it was pretty clear) was that it's a lower standard than what would be required for an indictment. let alone a conviction.
It's not pretty clear when you use improper terminology - makes it sound like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Whether you do or not I will leave it to others to judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">