• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor has my car towed for parking on public street

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Why did it take you a day to notice the car missing?

If it were me, I would file small claims and just list everyone and let the judge sort it out. Bring in pictures of the location from which it was towed, along with anything you have showing it is public parking and not this homeowner's favorite place to park.

TinkerBelleLuvr

If it were me, I would file small claims and just list everyone and let the judge sort it out. Bring in pictures of the location from which it was towed, along with anything you have showing it is public parking and not this homeowner's favorite place to park, therefore her private spot.

ErinGoBragh

If it were me, I would file small claims and just list everyone and let the judge sort it out. Bring in pictures of the location from which it was towed, along with anything you have showing it is public parking and not this homeowner's favorite place to park.
I was sick. It wasn't right in front of the house. It's not something I usually do, but the meds I take when I get ill (I have a recurring health problem) prevent me from driving at all legally for the duration that I am on them.

I think I will go the small claims route. It's obvious to me now definitely IS the homeowner's favorite place to park, but that still doesn't make it private parking!

Thanks everyone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">