• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor making passes at wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.

Thanks to everyone that reads this post. So me and my wife have been happily married about a year now, and have been living in the same apartment for a year. This guy(50+yo) who is married, has a daughter, and lives across from us has now twice made passes at my wife. He knows me, talks to me, and I considered us friends before this happened. He doesn't have a job and my wife is usually at home during the day while I'm at work, so obviously I'm a bit worried. Its a small, old apartment, with little security. And of course my wife has made it clear she is not interested.

I'd like nothing better than to get in his face and ask him what the h*** he's thinking, but does anyone have any better advice? If not now, what should I do the next time this happens? He's not threatening or something, but yeah it bothers me. I'd feel better if he had a job and wasn't hanging around the apartment all day when I'm 40+ minutes away.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

EDIT: Sorry if this is the wrong forum, please move the thread!
Oh, I'm just quoting.

:cool:

maizer

So politely ask him how he would feel if you hit on his daughter.;) After he gives you his answer, respond appropriately.
Yeah I thought about that too, but I can't stoop down to his level. Since he was asking my wife to the movies, I thought about saying something along the lines of "hey I heard you like movies, want to go see one with me? How about monday?"

Antigone*

Yeah I thought about that too, but I can't stoop down to his level. Since he was asking my wife to the movies, I thought about saying something along the lines of "hey I heard you like movies, want to go see one with me? How about monday?"
I like that one;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">