• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbors from hell and getting worse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
They are trespassing.

You have the fence. Put up some cheap "No Trespassing" signs, and follow through when they violate it.

TigerD

On the inside of your fence plant Roses, Acacia, or blackberries. The thorns will ensure a trip over the fence in a one-time occurrence.

TD

bagged123

re

So, we went away over mothers day weekend and left Friday around 3:30ish and got home Sunday around 4ish or so. I go and cut the lawn yesterday morning and I noticed a large amount of mulch from my arborvitaes in my yard. So I stopped and started looking at the arborvitaes, mulch and fence between our houses, and I noticed that he pushed out of the mulch on "his" side of the trees/fence onto my lawn all the way down the line. The mulch on our side wasn't touched, only the mulch on "his" side. So I called and reported it as advised. Now the trees, fence, mulch have been there for about 2-3 weeks no and he's done nothing, we put the fence up in the backyard last Wednesday and they blow a gasket and starts destroying our stuff, blows our mind.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So, we went away over mothers day weekend and left Friday around 3:30ish and got home Sunday around 4ish or so. I go and cut the lawn yesterday morning and I noticed a large amount of mulch from my arborvitaes in my yard. So I stopped and started looking at the arborvitaes, mulch and fence between our houses, and I noticed that he pushed out of the mulch on "his" side of the trees/fence onto my lawn all the way down the line. The mulch on our side wasn't touched, only the mulch on "his" side. So I called and reported it as advised. Now the trees, fence, mulch have been there for about 2-3 weeks no and he's done nothing, we put the fence up in the backyard last Wednesday and they blow a gasket and starts destroying our stuff, blows our mind.
Why did you put mulch on his property?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Perhaps he's under the impression that it's actually his property.

Perhaps he's blind and can't see a straight line between the markers (if they are there). He seems to be under the impression that you need to resurvey every year - even though cement markers last for decades.

There is, of course, the possibility that there's an error in your surveyor's report. But it's more likely, given the progression of events, that your neighbor is an ignorant idiot. One prone to vigilante behavior, no less.

LouisaC

Game cams---> A cheap alternative to surveilance systems

If you cannot afford a surveillance system buy a couple of game cameras, even one may do the job. These are cameras you use for hunting. They have models like Stealth and Moultrie that can take still shots along with video once they are triggered. Most have IR capabilities that will take night shot and video without a flash. You can download the chip into your computer and download the images and print them out. One good pic can save you a whole lot of aggravation once shown to an LEO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">