• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor's Rottweiler Threatens Us

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nextwife

seniorjudge said:
ratner, have you asked your local law enforcement agency (sheriff, police, whatever) if having a dangerous dog is against the law? If it is, what must you show to prove that it is a dangerous dog?

My own dogs have bitten me and I do not trust them.
Wow! I can take a hunk of meat out of my dog's mouth and he wouldn't hurt me.

Well, in most communities, having a dog outside unrestrained IS against the law. If so, I'd call the police each and every time the dog is out, unchained or without his fence collar. Maybe if they collect enough fines, they will start, at minimum, putting a staked chain or cable on his collar when he's out. I don't know why that is so hard for an owner to do AND it keeps our pets safe from cars.

Last edited:

Krohn1912

Neighbor's Rotty

undefined

You are kidding, right? The dog is loose? Do you live in the county or the city? Film this dog and ask assistance first. They'll probably make your life a little unconfortable after that. You know once they contain this animal or tie it, you have a whole new set of problems? It will howl, grunt, cry, whine and bark. It's not the animal, it's the idiots that he answers to.

You could attempt to locate the name of their insurance co and place a call, incognito of course :eek: Trust me, the dog would be G-O-N-E, but where does that leave the innocent animal? Would hate for it to come to that, but have you ever seen the resulting human suffering and expense incurred by a K9 bite? I had one chase me on my bicycle, I couldn't believe it. Snapping at my ankles. I stopped in the middle of the street and told him "NO!" He looked at me like I had a third eye. Didn't know a basic command one. You see, I owned one at one time and I trained her in German and English...behaved better than any child I've ever known, to include my own. Insurance company made me get rid of her. :(

I know of very few insurance companies, if any, that allow homeowner's rotty's. A rider is usually required and that is very, very expensive.

I hope you rectify this before that animal bites someone. What you described as a "fence" adjustment just ain't gonna get it. That dog is dangerous.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">