• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor's vines and our property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Not_Me

Some advice is timeless.

Complain, Bellyache, sarcasm, moral, self-designated policeperson adds to blah blah blah SEVEN YEAR OLD thread?

This forum prefers if users do not necropost. :cool:

Geekness, I found this forum yesterday thanks to the "7 year old post", which is a 1 day old problem in my neighborhood. It was a very good thread weighing what people think vs. private property law when it comes to neighbors' plants and trees. Labeling it "Necroposting" is a way for you to bellyache without adding value. Anyway, if this actually bothered you please accept my apologies for violating your police efforts. But if you want to police the forum, and think old advice isn't relevent why don't you ask the moderators just to erase ancient advice that has excellent discussion. On the other hand, if the old post is going to stay, consider my reply to it as a way to pay back my registration into this forum, and I'll consider your monitoring of me a lukewarm welcome to a great site. Cheers. :cool:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Geekness, I found this forum yesterday thanks to the "7 year old post", which is a 1 day old problem in my neighborhood. It was a very good thread weighing what people think vs. private property law when it comes to neighbors' plants and trees. Labeling it "Necroposting" is a way for you to bellyache without adding value. Anyway, if this actually bothered you please accept my apologies for violating your police efforts. But if you want to police the forum, and think old advice isn't relevent why don't you ask the moderators just to erase ancient advice that has excellent discussion. On the other hand, if the old post is going to stay, consider my reply to it as a way to pay back my registration into this forum, and I'll consider your monitoring of me a lukewarm welcom to a great site. Cheers. :cool:
What a pleasant addition to the forum :rolleyes::rolleyes:

scuba dad

stain your fence

you need to stain your fence to make it last, unscrew the fence boards from the support beams, remove all vegetation so that you can stain the wood well. make sure to stain the poles and supports as well. when you put the fence boards back up put them closer together and the ground. Dog ear the tops and you have a "new" fence and any previous agreement to allow vines on your "old" fence are no longer valid. You are then free to cut anything that touches your new fence. This is not legal advice but how I would handle it.

Silverplum

you need to stain your fence to make it last, unscrew the fence boards from the support beams, remove all vegetation so that you can stain the wood well. make sure to stain the poles and supports as well. when you put the fence boards back up put them closer together and the ground. Dog ear the tops and you have a "new" fence and any previous agreement to allow vines on your "old" fence are no longer valid. You are then free to cut anything that touches your new fence. This is not legal advice but how I would handle it.
:rolleyes: Hasn't it been made clear that this is an old thread?

:rolleyes: Hasn't it been made clear that this is a legal board, not a gardening board?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">