• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New York cops are making up charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

There is a big news story in New York that a cop taped his precinct commander demanding his subordinates make up charges against innocent people in order for the stats to look better. I posted here several times that two corrupt cops once pulled me over for "reckless driving and passing steady red" (criminal summonses) when all I was doing was waiting for a light to change. Obviously I was the victim of the same kind of malicious prosecution in the new charges.

I was scoffed at by some of the incredulous you. Maybe now you realize that I really was the victim of this illegal conduct by a couple of New York's Finest gone bad, very bad. Do you realize with such a frame-up on my record I would never be able to visit Canada and god knows where else?

Banned_Princess

My Uncle (A NYC Sargent) said the tickets this particular superior was trying to get issued were quality of life tickets (public intox, urinating in public, open containers...) to boost numbers. Sort of like Guliani did in the 90's to clean up the city. Except when Guliani did it NYC really needed a clean up, and it worked.

Not speeding, not reckless endangerment, not bus stop parking tickets.

Plus this does not mean anything for whatever cases you are involved in until the paperwork is done (years and years) .

PLUS the story you linked appears to infer the charges that are being questioned are completely false fake and made up crime complaints.

Last edited:
Have you determined whethr not tbe spot you were parked in is NOT marked off as a bus zone? By city ordinance, not what you think.
I could've been parked and received the same result. I was waiting for a traffic light underneath the elevated subway train on Westchester Aveune in the Bronx. When the light turned green, as I am required by law to do I went through the light. As soon as I did, the crooked cop and his partner "Itchy Fingers Izzy" pull me over. I thought it was a joke, like a gag summons.

I had to hire a high-priced lawyer from this website. When we got to court luckily my lawyer found some technicality in the charge so "Dracula" couldn't convict me of the more serious crimes, but felt he had to levy a $100 fine on me just for good measure.

I reported the phony cop to Internal Affairs. What I should've done was sue him civilly to try to recoup my lost time and lawyer's expenses and the horror of being tried for something I did not do. Mr. Phony told my lawyer in court that I "blew his doors off" while approaching the light. All this under the elevated train. He had Dracula over a barrel.

My Uncle (A NYC Sargent) said the tickets this particular superior was trying to get issued were quality of life tickets (public intox, urinating in public, open containers...) to boost numbers. Sort of like Guliani did in the 90's to clean up the city. Except when Guliani did it NYC really needed a clean up, and it worked.

Not speeding, not reckless endangerment, not bus stop parking tickets.

Plus this does not mean anything for whatever cases you are involved in until the paperwork is done (years and years) .

PLUS the story you linked appears to infer the charges that are being questioned are completely false fake and made up crime complaints.
What happened to me and this new batch of people is known as "malicious prosecution." In my case his partner "Itchy Fingers Izzy" was right in on the act with Mr. Phony. This is more serious than open containers I think. I would never be able to visit Canada with a conviction like that. I could understand if I did something but waiting for a traffic light to turn green...

cyjeff

What happened to me and this new batch of people is known as "malicious prosecution." In my case his partner "Itchy Fingers Izzy" was right in on the act with Mr. Phony. This is more serious than open containers I think. I would never be able to visit Canada with a conviction like that. I could understand if I did something but waiting for a traffic light to turn green...
Oh, just stop.

Why do you think it cute or endearing to put labels on people? I could call you "Dr. Paranoid" or, perhaps, "Mr. Delusional" but you don't see me doing it, do you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">