• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Newbies rules for posting (a newbie's perspective)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spock2001us

I did....and I think she was spot on. I have been on this forum for MANY years, and I think she was spot on...and I am not the only long timer who thinks so.
Thanks Ldij:

It appears there may be more to the story than simply my "Aunt Flo".

Ronin

or she could be a newbie who expects that when they post on an internet message forum that they will be treated with a modicum of civility....which, sorry to say, is often, even perhaps mostly, sadly lacking here.

Yes, she started duplicate threads. Newbies do that sometimes. However, if both thread are identified as duplicate threads, with virtually no one answering questions on either thread, and both threads being given flippant and rude responses, then any newbie with any backbone is going to react the way that she reacted....or will simply leave, and tell anyone else she knows not to bother with this forum.

This particular poster deserved better than she received from this forum.

What's more, and i mean this with utter sincerity...anyone who deletes a post from someone criticizing this forum, is a big baby. If this forum can dish out criticism it should certainly take it as well.
...ditto ;)

mistoffolees

Yes, she started duplicate threads. Newbies do that sometimes. However, if BOTH thread are identified as duplicate threads, with virtually no one answering questions on either thread, and both threads being given flippant and rude responses, then any newbie with any backbone is going to react the way that she reacted....or will simply leave, and tell anyone else she knows not to bother with this forum.

That's not what happened. OP got very useful advice from several posters. She was also asked not to double post. If you go back through the threads, she got an attitude right from the start and started attacking people rather than being grateful for the advice and accepting the direction to not post multiple times.

What's more, and I mean this with UTTER sincerity...anyone who deletes a post from someone criticizing this forum, is a BIG BABY. If this forum can dish out criticism it should certainly take it as well.
I agree with that part.

spock2001us

That's not what happened. OP got very useful advice from several posters. She was also asked not to double post. If you go back through the threads, she got an attitude right from the start and started attacking people rather than being grateful for the advice and accepting the direction to not post multiple times.

I agree with that part.
No one ASKED me not to DOUBLEPOST. Before I even knew what DOUBLEPOST meant, I was already ridiculed as if I was somehow subservient to those on the board. AFTER I was labeled a DOUBLEPOSTER by Ohiogal, several other member properly ignored her and gave me the advice I desired.

Also, as I first signed up and created a log-on, there was not a link to the rules of the forum. All I found was FAQ like:

* Posting New Messages
* Replying to a Post
* Editing and Deleting your Posts
* Creating and Participating in Polls
* Attachments and Images
* Smilies
* Message Icons and Thread Prefixes
* Moderators and Administrators

I had to do a site search for Forum Rules to discover any of what she was writing about. I also found no rules about posting when visited by "Aunt Flo", perhaps that rule could be added by Ohiogal?

Last edited:

mistoffolees

No one ASKED me not to DOUBLEPOST. Before I even knew what DOUBLEPOST meant, I was already ridiculed as if I was somehow subservient to those on the board. AFTER I was labeled a DOUBLEPOSTER by Ohiogal, several other member properly ignored her and gave me the advice I desired.
You're completely ignoring the fact that YOU are the one who went off the deep end and started attacking everyone in sight.

You were warned about double posting. Not a big deal - it happens all the time. Then you went on the attack. If you had just accepted the warning and learned from it, everything would have been fine. No one made you launch into your diatribe against this board.

Learn to accept criticism and move on -- and you'll have a lot happier and healthier life. If you choose to attack people who try to help you, I can predict a life full of misery for you.

Perky

This kind of 'back and forth' isn't all that unusual here, but I did find the comment, in the other thread, that OP is a pathetic excuse for a human being, to be out of line and unnecessary.

mistoffolees

This kind of 'back and forth' isn't all that unusual here, but I did find the comment, in the other thread, that OP is a pathetic excuse for a human being, to be out of line and unnecessary.
Yes, it was. Personal attacks are inappropriate.

But a thicker skin is still indicated along with some gratitude for people who are here to help and don't need to be attacked by OP, either.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Or she could be a newbie who expects that when they post on an internet message forum that they will be treated with a modicum of civility....which, sorry to say, is often, even perhaps mostly, sadly lacking here.

Yes, she started duplicate threads. Newbies do that sometimes. However, if BOTH thread are identified as duplicate threads, with virtually no one answering questions on either thread, and both threads being given flippant and rude responses, then any newbie with any backbone is going to react the way that she reacted....or will simply leave, and tell anyone else she knows not to bother with this forum.

What's more, and I mean this with UTTER sincerity...anyone who deletes a post from someone criticizing this forum, is a BIG BABY. If this forum can dish out criticism it should certainly take it as well.
That is not what happened and if you actually read both her threads you would have seen that. She was receiving info but she went on the attack? Of course YOU would think she deserves better. She is after all female.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I did....and I think she was spot on. I have been on this forum for MANY years, and I think she was spot on...and I am not the only long timer who thinks so.
YOu are a long timer though who seems to rewrite history. Or don't you remember how YOU participated in the newbie post? How you contributed to it. She was spot on? Really? She is allowed to be rude when all I did was point out she was double posting and thus she then attacked me. Okay. I will remember that. See I have a good long memory.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Also, as I first signed up and created a log-on, there was not a link to the rules of the forum. All I found was FAQ like:

* Posting New Messages
* Replying to a Post
* Editing and Deleting your Posts
* Creating and Participating in Polls
* Attachments and Images
* Smilies
* Message Icons and Thread Prefixes
* Moderators and Administrators

I had to do a site search for Forum Rules to discover any of what she was writing about. I also found no rules about posting when visited by "Aunt Flo", perhaps that rule could be added by Ohiogal?
You want to add rules? Why? So you can disavow having anything to do with them like others who added to them? Oh okay. And I never told anyone to ignore you. I just pointed out a double post. That was just letting others know not to answer in both spots.

CourtClerk

It seems to me that all of you have forgotten that this is the internet. WHO CARES that someone you don't know, won't speak to in real life, won't come across in real life and even if you did, you wouldn't know it calls you a pathetic excuse for anything?

WHO CARES that someone on the internet, who really shouldn't be all that significant in your world thinks that your post is insignificant. What are they going to do to you?

WHO CARES that someone doesn't like the advice they get here. Take it or not. Doesn't effect you or your world at all.

Some of y'all take this board much too seriously. Outside friends are advised because some of you make this seem like this is your world. Now, if you don't like my advice, WHO CARES????

Just Blue

It seems to me that all of you have forgotten that this is the internet. WHO CARES that someone you don't know, won't speak to in real life, won't come across in real life and even if you did, you wouldn't know it calls you a pathetic excuse for anything?

WHO CARES that someone on the internet, who really shouldn't be all that significant in your world thinks that your post is insignificant. What are they going to do to you?

WHO CARES that someone doesn't like the advice they get here. Take it or not. Doesn't effect you or your world at all.

Some of y'all take this board much too seriously. Outside friends are advised because some of you make this seem like this is your world. Now, if you don't like my advice, WHO CARES????
Co-sign!!

And lets not forget how many of the aggrieved members who have had there poor little feelings hurt, have come back and APOLOGIZED to Ohiogal for there attitude. How many times has LDIJ had momocentric members come back to thank HER for confirming the superiority of their uterus after a win in court??? None that I can remember. And to top it off LDIJ actually has the ...brass...to ask OG for advice in a attorney billing matter!! After all the nasty crap she gives OG?...Un-flippin-believable!!!!!

Personally I wouldn't blame OG is she said "flip you all I'm leaving!"

She DONATES her time to this forum. She has helped HUNDREDS of members, even if they are too stupid or stubborn to realize it. She is an asset to this forum and for all that she does she is consistently derided.

LD...You want to talk about being a baby?? Why don't you stop whining about the "rude" members and stick to your own posts? Better yet why don't YOU go pay an attorney a couple of hundred dollars next time YOU have a legal question??

Grow up people...If you can't take a little plain speaking on the net you will be REALLY offended by your flipping JUDGE!

BlondiePB

Co-sign!!

And lets not forget how many of the aggrieved members who have had there poor little feelings hurt, have come back and APOLOGIZED to Ohiogal for there attitude. How many times has LDIJ had momocentric members come back to thank HER for confirming the superiority of their uterus after a win in court??? None that I can remember. And to top it off LDIJ actually has the ...brass...to ask OG for advice in a attorney billing matter!! After all the nasty crap she gives OG?...Un-flippin-believable!!!!!

She DONATES her time to this forum. She has helped HUNDREDS of members, even if they are too stupid or stubborn to realize it. She is an asset to this forum and for all that she does she is consistently derided.

LD...You want to talk about being a baby?? Why don't you stop whining about the "rude" members and stick to your own posts? Better yet why don't YOU go pay an attorney a couple of hundred dollars next time YOU have a legal question??

Grow up people...If you can't take a little plain speaking on the net you will be REALLY offended by your flipping JUDGE!
OUCH....!!!

To be frank, I just read some of these threads in family law sections when they get lengthy or have a title that peaks my interest. This family stuff, especially the battles over children, are just not my cup of tea and area of expertise.

You Seniors here that man the posts, kudos to y'all.

P.S. Is is feed a cold and starve a fever or starve a cold and feed a fever? :confused:

Antigone*

Co-sign!!

ditto the co-sign:cool:

mclivofav

can someone ridicule me? I only posted once I just want some attention:) I posted about property post divorce..I already know I am and idiot , I mean after all I married her...but this horse has been beat to death...Ohiogirl said basically dont doublepost and star trek here went crazy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">