• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No fine on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Geni2148

What is the name of your state: SC

I received an "Improper Lane Change" SC 56-5-1900 and a "No DL in Possession" SC 56-1-110. The problem is, the officer did not write the fine amount on either ticket and circled on the first ticket is "no, I am not required to appear before court". So that would mean that I go up to the window and pay the fine, but alas . . . what is the fine? Officer at the time he issued me the ticket when I asked him how much it would be said around $180. Whats to stop the courts/police from changing it to $200 or even $300?

Second, the second ticket for the DL, the officer said that if I showed him the ticket before the trial date, he would drop it. I called Tues, Wed, and Thurs to see if he was on duty so that I could meet him somewhere. Each time I call (I call around noon and past 8pm when the shift changes) the dispatch says that he is not on duty, WTH? Officer only works 2-3 days a week? Moreover, the part where it is supposed to be circled to notify me whether or not I am required to appear before court is not circled. So that would make the ticket invalid?

How should I fight this if I have a chance, at any?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

patstew

Second, the second ticket for the DL, the officer said that if I showed him the ticket before the trial date, he would drop it.
I assume you meant your DL, not the ticket.

Each time I call (I call around noon and past 8pm when the shift changes) the dispatch says that he is not on duty, WTH? Officer only works 2-3 days a week?
Officers are real people with families and such. They are allowed to take days off for vacation, for example, or for sick time.

What might work is leaving a photocopy for the officer when they return, then following up with a phone call. Do they not have voice mail?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">