• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No home to go to.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jowills

What is the name of your state? NJ

I am a 17 year old that has been living with my grandparents who have legal custody of me. I lived with my mother for a while but that did not work out when my grandparents refused to give custody to my mother.

Now my grandfather had a quadruple bypass and my grandmother had a stroke. I am staying at a friend's house and my grandmother called me to tell me that my grandfather doesn't want me back at his house.

My grandparents fight all the time and my grandfather picks fights with me all the time. I just got a part time job and my grandfather thinks I can support myself. I am still in school and now I don't know what to do.

My father has never had anything to do with me. I recently contacted him for money and he gave me 100. He has never paid my grandparents any child support and it is my mother's parents that have raised me.What is the name of your state?

nextwife

I am a 17 year old that has been living with my grandparents who have legal custody of me. I lived with my mother for a while but that did not work out when my grandparents refused to give custody to my mother.

Now my grandfather had a quadruple bypass and my grandmother had a stroke. I am staying at a friend's house and my grandmother called me to tell me that my grandfather doesn't want me back at his house.

My grandparents fight all the time and my grandfather picks fights with me all the time. I just got a part time job and my grandfather thinks I can support myself. I am still in school and now I don't know what to do.

My father has never had anything to do with me. I recently contacted him for money and he gave me 100. He has never paid my grandparents any child support and it is my mother's parents that have raised me.What is the name of your state?
I am sorry that you are having a hard time. Child support should have been paid by BOTH your parentys, not just dad.

They are legally responsible for you, as your legal guardians, at age 17.

LdiJ

Talk to your mother. She is the one who can really help you now if she is able and willing. You are minor and your mother could easily get custody of you (on an emergency basis) if she is fit and willing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">