• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No more visas????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vbperez

What is the name of your state? Califiornia

Hello,

I am a U.S. citizen married to a Mexican immigrant. We are currently in the proccess of getting a green card for him.

He got his work permit in May 2002 and we had our last interview on October 21, 2002. The INS officer told us that we will receive a letter within 2-3 weeks with an appt date so my husband could get a visa on his passport.

Five weeks passed and no letter. My husband went to the INS office yesterday and they informed him that as of November 1, 2002 they got orders from Washington D.C....bla bla...bla...to put all visas on hold.

Now we are just supposed to wait for another letter stating when to go back to the INS office to finally get the visa.....

This is all a bummer.

Does anybody know what is going on with all of this.

Why are the visas on a freeze?

Would my husband ever get his visa and green card?

Please advise.

-Veronica

vbperez

Yeah...I figured that part. But why now?

Why would they let us file....interview...just go through the whole process ....and in the end we get nothing?

:(

Bummer.

-Veronica

vbperez

RE: no more visas???

Ok..I just find out that someone got their visa two weeks ago.

This person is also in the process of getting their green card as well.

What gives?

Does anyone know anything about this matter?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Well, the only other alternative that I can think of is that the "Homeland Security" law, and the Department, was just passed and created by the President. Perhaps your husband's name is on their list as a potential terrorist. I'd call the INS and ask them if they think your husband is a terrorist, and if that's the reason for the refusal to issue the Visa, then promise them you'll send them the keys to the Boeing 747, and that he'll stay away from tall buildings.

IAAL

vbperez

Lol...just spoke to our attorney..apparently others are in the same situation.

visas are on hold for people that are "in the process".

For a moment I thought we just got stuck with a lazy INS case officer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">